Thank you so much for this information!

Angela Barbosa
Angela Barbosa  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:52
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Thank you for posting, Clara! Dec 7, 2019

Today I received one of these, just a bit different. As I didn't find anything like it on the tab "careers" in their website, I started suspecting. Plus the fact they ask for my postal address.....

It goes like this:

----
Hello/Dear Applicant,

After a quick review of your profile on American Translators Association.

I write to present CONTINENTAL AG Translator/Interpreter job(full-time/part-time) Position;

Continental
... See more
Today I received one of these, just a bit different. As I didn't find anything like it on the tab "careers" in their website, I started suspecting. Plus the fact they ask for my postal address.....

It goes like this:

----
Hello/Dear Applicant,

After a quick review of your profile on American Translators Association.

I write to present CONTINENTAL AG Translator/Interpreter job(full-time/part-time) Position;

Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent, and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2018, Continental generated sales of €44.4 billion and currently employs around 245,000 people in 60 countries and markets.

Hence; we're in search of individuals, company irrespective of the current business type for a Translator/Interpreter Position.

Responsibilities:
- Read given material and research industry-specific terminology
- Convert text and audio recordings from one language to one or more others
- Ensure translated content conveys original meaning and tone
- Prepare subtitles for videos and online presentations
- Cross-reference specialized dictionaries and translation tools to check quality of translation
- Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy
- Follow up with internal team members and clients to ensure translation meets their needs
- Edit content with an eye toward maintaining its original format (e.g. font and structure)
- Network with field experts to stay current on new translation tools and practices

Requirements
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation errors
- Good knowledge of content editing tools
- Familiarity with translation software
- Time-management skills
- Additional certification in Linguistics is a plus

Job Type: Part-Time Full-Time
Hourly Rate: $40/Hour-$50/Hour
Training Rate: $18/Hour-$20/Hour
Per Word: $0.10-0.30

If interested, follow the steps below to schedule your interview session:
Send the below information and Resume to: Mrs Isabelle Chaduteau
([email protected])
Name:
Name of Company (Current employer):
Position Held:
Postal Address:
Cell Number:
Do you have experience as a Translator?
Interview Scheduled : Mondays - Fridays
Venue: On line Via Google Hangouts
Time : 9:00 AM-5:00 PM CST
Training is Available.

Your verification code is (CTN/AP2019-6054). This would serve as your identification number throughout the on-line hiring process. This is an online work from home and working hours are flexible.

Your swift and timely response matters a lot as this is an immediate hire position... We look forward to having you on the team.

Sincerely yours,
Director Human Resources
Department of the Employee Representative
Council of CONTINENTAL AG.
https://www.continental.com/
© 2019 Continental AG Manufacturing company

---

Clara Nino wrote:

I just received trhe following email (e-mail address: [email protected] via g001.emailsrvr.com):

[Edited at 2019-12-07 01:06 GMT]
Collapse

Cynthia Selde
Cynthia Selde
Local time: 00:52
Member (2019)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I received the same scam email, but purportedly from Macmillan Publishers. Dec 8, 2019

I'm so thankful that I saw these posts. I received the same scam email, but purportedly from Macmillan Publishers. I looked up the contact person included in the email, and she's listed as a Macmillan Human Resources official in Linked In and in news articles about Macmillan, so I thought it might be legitimate, in spite of some errors in English. I did the online "interview" and received a text message about some equipment they said they'd send me. I haven't given them my SSN or bank info yet.... See more
I'm so thankful that I saw these posts. I received the same scam email, but purportedly from Macmillan Publishers. I looked up the contact person included in the email, and she's listed as a Macmillan Human Resources official in Linked In and in news articles about Macmillan, so I thought it might be legitimate, in spite of some errors in English. I did the online "interview" and received a text message about some equipment they said they'd send me. I haven't given them my SSN or bank info yet.

I paid Intelius to find the Macmillan person's real email, and notified her that her name and position are being used in a scam. I'll try to block the email addresses, and report the scam to ATA and Microsoft.

Thanks again to everyone for sharing the information. I wish I had read it sooner....
Collapse

Lucile Bousquet
Lucile Bousquet
Canada
English to French
+ ...
Received the same scam email from Pharma Match Dec 19, 2019

Here is the first message I received:

Dear Applicant,

After a quick review of your profile on Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Columbia (STIBC), I write to present PHARMA MATCH TRANSLATOR/INTERPRETER job Position, We are a dedicated team, committed to achieve the highest standards. To assure our clients the best possible offer, we always use our expertise, years of experience and our international network in the best possible way. By joinin
... See more
Here is the first message I received:

Dear Applicant,

After a quick review of your profile on Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Columbia (STIBC), I write to present PHARMA MATCH TRANSLATOR/INTERPRETER job Position, We are a dedicated team, committed to achieve the highest standards. To assure our clients the best possible offer, we always use our expertise, years of experience and our international network in the best possible way. By joining our team, you can be part of this commitment., company irrespective of the current business type for a TRANSLATOR/INTERPRETER Position.

Please indicate your interest to receive full job description.

Referral will be welcome.

Yours sincerely,

I received a second email:

The information below is a briefing about our company; the job and instructions to assist you to get aboard our work team. If truly you're interested; read further and follow the instructions stated below, IF NOT please ignore this message.

Vision:

We can always guarantee our relationships the best possible match, both now and in the future. Anticipating the market requirements and developments, we select third party products, look for opportunities for added value products and offer our own continuously growing portfolio of pharmaceutical dossiers.

Using a strong and growing worldwide network, up-to-date product and market knowledge and a proactive approach, we successfully connect local needs and possibilities in the international market.

Your portfolio published on Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Columbia (STIBC) has been reviewed by our HR Department at (PHARMA MATCH) and we are pleased to invite you to an online interview / briefing exercise. You have been assigned to Mr Raymond Cotton (Hiring Coordinator) of PHARMA MATCH, he would be conducting an online interview with you.

To contact him, set up a screen name with Gmail Hangout www.hangouts.google.com and add the Company Hiring Coordinator's Hangouts on his Google ID ([email protected]) and instant message him for more you need to know and job details.

COMPANY: PHARMA MATCH
Interview Scheduled: Monday's - Friday's
Venue: Online Via Google Hangouts
Time: 9:00 AM EST - 6:00 PM EST
Training is Available
Hourly Rate: $ 40 / Hour- $ 50 / Hour
Training Rate: $ 18 / Hour- $ 20 / Hour
Job Type: Part-Time, Full-Time, Freelancer.

Your verification code is (TRA_11).This would serve as your identification number throughout the online hiring process. This is an online work from home and working hours are flexible.

Your swift and timely response matters a lot as this is an immediate hire position ... We look forward to having you on the team.

It was too suspicious not to be wary. I found this thread that confirmed all my fears! Thank you!!
Collapse

Victorin (Vicky) Ramla
Victorin (Vicky) Ramla  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2019)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Yes, it is a scam Apr 29, 2020

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to share my experience with you regarding the same issue.

On April 24, 2020, I have received an email claiming it is from Ariana Pharmaceutical company with a job offer (attached below for clarification). At first glance, I thought it was true; however, when I sent my resume, I received a very unprofessional email in return, which made me suspicious. This email was sent using the name of Isabelle Chaduteau, and a link that would lead me to
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

I would like to share my experience with you regarding the same issue.

On April 24, 2020, I have received an email claiming it is from Ariana Pharmaceutical company with a job offer (attached below for clarification). At first glance, I thought it was true; however, when I sent my resume, I received a very unprofessional email in return, which made me suspicious. This email was sent using the name of Isabelle Chaduteau, and a link that would lead me to begin a required interview on google hangouts. I did not proceed because I found out that it is a scam.

Just be alert,
1- If you click on the link, they will hack your computer.
2- Collecting personal information as if they need it for the hiring process (name, address, phone number, bank account, and SIN); they can easily rob you through different methods.

I wish the best for everyone.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello Ms. Victorin (Vicky) Ramla,

After a quick review of your profile on ASSOCIATION OF PROFESSIONAL LANGUAGE INTERPRETERS

I write to present ARIANA PHARMACEUTICAL Translator/Interpreter job (Full-Time/Part-Time) Position thus:
Ariana Pharma is a premium provider of advanced, clinical and biomarker data analytics technology. Ariana’s unique technology exhaustively mines data, increasing the success of both clinical trials and multi-parametric diagnostic tools. Our team of biostatisticians, software developers, clinical experts and business developers works hard to save sponsors both time and money.

Hence; we’re in search of individuals, company irrespective of the current business type for a Translator/Interpreter Position.

Responsibilities:
- Convert text and audio recordings from one language to one or more other languages
- Cross-reference specialized dictionaries and translation tools to check quality of translation
- Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling, and punctuation accuracy
- Follow up with internal team members and clients to ensure translation meets their needs
- Edit content with an eye for maintaining its original format (e.g. font and structure)
- Network with field experts to stay current on new translation tools and practices

Requirements
- Proven work experience as a Translator, Interpreter or similar role
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors
- Good knowledge of Content Editing toqols
- Familiarity with Translation Software
- Time Management Skills
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time
Hourly Rate: $30 to $40/Hour
Training Rate: $20/Hour

([email protected])
Name:
Position Held:
Postal Address:
Cell Number:
Do you have experience as a Translator/Interpreter agent?
Venue: On line Via Google Hangouts
Training is Available.
Your verification code is (GDI/AP2020-6054). This would serve as your identification number throughout the on-line hiring process. This is an online work from home and working hours are flexible.Your swift and timely response matters a lot as this is an immediate hire position... We look forward to having you on the team.

Sincerely yours,
Council of Ariana pharmaceutical. 
© 2020 Global Ariana pharmaceutical
Collapse

Matthew Rinaldi
Matthew Rinaldi
United States
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Same May 3, 2020

I just got this email today:

Hello Matthew Rinaldi,

After a quick review of your profile on THE AMERICAN LITERARY TRANSLATORS ASSOCIATION

I write to present ARIANA PHARMACEUTICAL Translator/Interpreter job (Full-Time/Part-Time) Position thus:
Ariana Pharma is a premium provider of advanced, clinical and biomarker data analytics technology. Ariana’s unique technology exhaustively mines data, increasing the success of both clinical trials and mult
... See more
I just got this email today:

Hello Matthew Rinaldi,

After a quick review of your profile on THE AMERICAN LITERARY TRANSLATORS ASSOCIATION

Ariana Pharma is a premium provider of advanced, clinical and biomarker data analytics technology. Ariana’s unique technology exhaustively mines data, increasing the success of both clinical trials and multi-parametric diagnostic tools. Our team of biostatisticians, software developers, clinical experts and business developers works hard to save sponsors both time and money.

Hence; we’re in search of individuals, company irrespective of the current business type for a Translator/Interpreter Position.

Responsibilities:
- Convert text and audio recordings from one language to one or more other languages
- Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling, and punctuation accuracy
- Edit content with an eye for maintaining its original format (e.g. font and structure)

Requirements
- Proven work experience as a Translator, Interpreter or similar role
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors
- Good knowledge of Content Editing toqols
- Familiarity with Translation Software
- Time Management Skills
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time
Hourly Rate: $30 to $40/Hour
Training Rate: $20/Hour

([email protected])
Name:
Position Held:
Postal Address:
Cell Number:
Do you have experience as a Translator/Interpreter agent?
Venue: On line
Training is Available.
Your verification code is (GDI/AP2020-6054). This would serve as your identification number throughout the on-line hiring process. This is an online work from home and working hours are flexible.Your swift and timely response matters a lot as this is an immediate hire position... We look forward to having you on the team.

Sincerely yours,
Council of Ariana pharmaceutical.
© 2020 Global Ariana pharmaceutical

Quick visit to the official Ariana site, their "contact us" page reads:

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Ariana Pharmaceuticals does not hire using upwork.com nor does hire any translator / interpreter / data entry. If you have been contacted by somebody pretending to hire such personnel on behalf of Ariana, or pretending to impersonate someone from Ariana, this is probably a scam. Ariana Pharmaceuticals declines responsibility for any and all occurrences pertaining to the hire of translators or interpretors."

So the company's aware of it. Not aware of how to spell 'interpreters' though.
Collapse

Liviu-Lee Roth

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

NEW SCAM ARIANA PHARMA

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »