Poll: How do you handle client demands for lower tech-driven rates?
Trådens avsändare: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
WEBBPLATSPERSONAL
Sep 1

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How do you handle client demands for lower tech-driven rates?".

View the poll results »



 
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 01:50
Medlem (2007)
Engelska till Portugisiska
+ ...
N/A Sep 1

No need to educate my clients. I reckon they know what my stance would be if they asked me to lower my rates as they have been with me for a long time. That’s probably why it’s never happened. Of course, some have dropped me when I’ve occasionally raised my prices. Recently, two regular clients have started asking for PEMT rather than translation, and both pay by the hour.

Sabrina Ciserchia
Philip Lees
 
Philip Lees
Philip Lees  Identity Verified
Grekland
Local time: 03:50
Grekiska till Engelska
Never Sep 2

I have never encountered such demands. If I did, I would ignore them.

In fact, any client who "demands" anything is likely to become an ex-client. I do not consider demands to be a part of a professional business relationship.


Li-Hsiang Hsu
Maria Laura Curzi
Daryo
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorer för detta forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How do you handle client demands for lower tech-driven rates?






PerfectIt
Check translations faster for consistency, quality and style guide compliance

PerfectIt helps professional translators deliver error-free documents in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. It helps improve consistency, ensure quality, and enforce style guides. ProZ members receive a 30% discount off individual purchases of PerfectIt.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »