Autor wątku: Jessie Nelson
Jessie Nelson
Jessie Nelson  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 13:41
francuski > angielski
Dec 26, 2011

Hello everyone,
I am a French/English medical translator, and having a problem typing equations using word 2007.
There are some equations, but none as complicated as what I use.
Is copy and paste ok, or did I miss something in word.
Maybe a style sheet would answer?
Jessie

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Polska
Local time: 19:41
Członek ProZ.com
od 2002

angielski > rosyjski
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Jessie Dec 26, 2011

To type equations in Word, you should install Equations Editor from your MS Office CD (it is not installed by default).

HTH,
Natalia

Yanmei Li
Yanmei Li
USA
chiński > angielski
+ ...
Hi, Dec 26, 2011

Or you can go to the "control panel>add or remove programs>Microsoft Office>change>add or remove features>Office Tools" to see if you can install the equation editor by clicking "Run from My Computer" under the equation editor tab. Then you should be able to insert the equations in Word. Don't remove Microsoft Office by accident!!

If you can't enable the equation editor from the control panel you have to use the original CD or online software wherever you purchased the license from.
... See more
Or you can go to the "control panel>add or remove programs>Microsoft Office>change>add or remove features>Office Tools" to see if you can install the equation editor by clicking "Run from My Computer" under the equation editor tab. Then you should be able to insert the equations in Word. Don't remove Microsoft Office by accident!!

If you can't enable the equation editor from the control panel you have to use the original CD or online software wherever you purchased the license from. I'm not sure how complicated your equations are but I think Word should be able to handle them pretty well.

[Edited at 2011-12-26 18:49 GMT]
Collapse

Jessie Nelson
Jessie Nelson  Identity Verified
USA
francuski > angielski
NOWY TEMAT
Thank you Dec 29, 2011

Thank you so much for your suggestions.
The app tells me the equations were inserted on installation and IU have changed the setting to>run from my computer. Will let you know.
Regards,
Jessie Nelson

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Typing equations in word 2007

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »