Is it forbidden to repost ProZ.com jobs somewhere else?
Thread poster: Juliano Martins
Juliano Martins
Juliano Martins  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:32
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 15, 2023

Hi,

I would like to know if it is allowed or forbidden to copy a job post from here and paste it in another platform. I have just seen someone regularly reposting ProZ.com jobs in his own platform and charging 3x as much as ProZ.com for people to have access.

Best regards,

[Edited at 2023-03-15 19:07 GMT]

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 17:32
Danish to English
+ ...
Not allowed without permission Mar 15, 2023

https://www.proz.com/?sp=siterules&mode=show&category=jobs_others

'3.1 Job postings may not be republished elsewhere without the permission of the job poster.'

I suggest you report that other site t
... See more
https://www.proz.com/?sp=siterules&mode=show&category=jobs_others

'3.1 Job postings may not be republished elsewhere without the permission of the job poster.'

I suggest you report that other site to Proz support at https://www.proz.com/support?mode=ask , as it sounds abusive what is taking place.
Collapse

Luca Tutino
Juliano Martins
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Andriy Yasharov
Feisal Mohamed

IrinaN
IrinaN
United States
Local time: 11:32
English to Russian
+ ...
Just an idle curiosity Mar 16, 2023

Tricky minds of swindlers never cease to amaze me

Are jobs being reposted as Proz jobs, or do all traces of Proz get erased?

What is being offered as a way to communicate with the client then? Or does that business genius charge for showing an access to Proz?

A rhetorical question - how would the client who posted an offer on Proz react to the response referring to another source? You know,
... See more
Tricky minds of swindlers never cease to amaze me

Are jobs being reposted as Proz jobs, or do all traces of Proz get erased?

What is being offered as a way to communicate with the client then? Or does that business genius charge for showing an access to Proz?

A rhetorical question - how would the client who posted an offer on Proz react to the response referring to another source? You know, like in our routine "I was ecstatic to see your offer on XXX and would love to throw myself and my services at your feet"
Collapse

Christopher Schröder

Juliano Martins
Juliano Martins  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:32
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ProZ was never mentioned Mar 16, 2023

The job post on this other platform showed all original details, wordcount, budget, including client's email address to get in touch. Then the user would simply send an email to this client.

I talked to the platform owner today. He deactivated it promptly and informed all users that it would no longer exist, after recognizing his wrongdoing.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it forbidden to repost ProZ.com jobs somewhere else?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »