Blessing Uzuegbu  Identity Verified
Nigeria
Local time: 12:58
Member (2018)
English to Igbo
+ ...
Jun 4, 2021

Hello,

Greetings, hope you had a wonderful weekdays work, thank God is Friday. Please I need a resource for Game localization translation in English, a dictionary or anything that can help with terms translation. This will go along way. I will appreciate your prompt response. Have a wonderful day.

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Germany
Local time: 13:58
English to German
In memoriam
Depends on the kind of game Jun 4, 2021

For certain games like RPGs, I often use the fandom wikis as a resource, they often have interwiki links between languages. But I'm not sure if this will work for your target language.

Example: https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_Wiki (Elder Scrolls Wiki in English, with links to other languages)

Aline Amorim
A. & S. Witte
Andreas Alfa Beta Gama
Mina Chen

Blessing Uzuegbu
Blessing Uzuegbu  Identity Verified
Nigeria
Local time: 12:58
Member (2018)
English to Igbo
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank You Jun 5, 2021

Thank you very much Kay, this is helpful. I have been trying to navigate the site using search but it seems I am missing something, do I need to register? How do I search for terms. Looking forward to your reply.

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Germany
Local time: 13:58
English to German
In memoriam
Search function Jun 5, 2021

Blessing Uzuegbu wrote:

Thank you very much Kay, this is helpful. I have been trying to navigate the site using search but it seems I am missing something, do I need to register? How do I search for terms. Looking forward to your reply.

You do not need to register, and you can use the search function normally (the magnifying glass next to "This wiki" on the top right). However, there is no guarantee that your search term is in the wiki. These wikis are fan-made so it is anyone's guess what they contain, but fans are often very diligent when it comes to a systematic classification of items, characters, spells, quests, and whatever more the particular game might contain.

Can you provide an example of a term you are searching?

A. & S. Witte

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I need a resource for Game localization terms

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »