Dorothee Rault (Witt)
France
Local time: 05:41
Member (2007)
French to German
+ ...
Jul 6, 2023

Hello to everyone,

I have received a project via Groupshare and the PM wants me to integrate the TMs in Trados (add them to the project I guess, in German, they say: TMs einbinden).

Do you know what I should do after having checked out the project? The PM cannot help me. If anyone knows a good webinar concerning this, I would be grateful 😊.

Thank you so much!
Dorothee

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 05:41
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Open Project Settings and add the TM Jul 6, 2023

I would think you would add the TM to the project the usual way:
Go to the Home tab > Project Settings >All Language Pairs > Translation Memory and Automated Translation
Here you should be able to add the translation memory in question by clicking the Use… button on top.

At times this doesn't work, and you would have to add it to the specific language pair you are working with. If it is English -> German, I would expect you to see the category English (US) -> German (G
... See more
I would think you would add the TM to the project the usual way:
Go to the Home tab > Project Settings >All Language Pairs > Translation Memory and Automated Translation
Here you should be able to add the translation memory in question by clicking the Use… button on top.

At times this doesn't work, and you would have to add it to the specific language pair you are working with. If it is English -> German, I would expect you to see the category English (US) -> German (Germany) or something similar just underneath All Language Pairs, in which case you should be able to add it here.
Collapse

expressisverbis
Stepan Konev
Jorge Payan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Integrate TMs in Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »