Paula Sampaio
Paula Sampaio  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 12:16
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 6, 2023

Hello.

I can't start the Trados Business Manager system. An error message shows up at the bottom of the screen. My version is the 6.1.66 one. I've posted on the RWS community forum, but no solution so far. They gave me a link to version 6.1.78, but it gives me a 404 error.

I live in Brazil, and even tried accessing the update link through a VPN, a different browser, anonymously, I also cleared cookies, browser history, cache, I'm not typing the url, I'm copying and pa
... See more
Hello.

I can't start the Trados Business Manager system. An error message shows up at the bottom of the screen. My version is the 6.1.66 one. I've posted on the RWS community forum, but no solution so far. They gave me a link to version 6.1.78, but it gives me a 404 error.

I live in Brazil, and even tried accessing the update link through a VPN, a different browser, anonymously, I also cleared cookies, browser history, cache, I'm not typing the url, I'm copying and pasting it, and nothing. That link simply won't work for me.

I had to take a break from work, and came back 15 days ago. I don't know if that's when it started, but it is when I first noticed it. And no one touched the computer during my absence, so nothing was deleted on my end.

Is anyone else having the same issue? Could someone send me a working link of the update (which seems impossible to find, I've tried. But just in case). Help, please! Thank you in advance.

Here's the console text:

Code:
blazor.server.js:1 [2023-05-24T23:14:06.508Z] Error: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key 'TBM' was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at TBM.Services.UserSettingsService.GetAllListViews(SecurityProvider securityProvider, IStringLocalizer`1 l, Type onlyType) in C:\builds6\s\TBM\Services\UserSettingsService.cs:line 394
at TBM.Pages.Base.ListViewBase`1.OnInitialized() in C:\builds6\s\TBM\Pages\Base\ListViewBase.razor.cs:line 337
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.ComponentBase.RunInitAndSetParametersAsync()
blazor.server.js:1 [2023-05-24T23:14:06.508Z] Information: Connection disconnected.
blazor.server.js:1 Uncaught (in promise) Error: Invocation canceled due to the underlying connection being closed.
at kt._connectionClosed (blazor.server.js:1)
at bt.connection.onclose (blazor.server.js:1)
at bt._stopConnection (blazor.server.js:1)
at vt.transport.onclose (blazor.server.js:1)
at vt._close (blazor.server.js:1)
at vt.stop (blazor.server.js:1)
at bt._stopInternal (blazor.server.js:1)
at async bt.stop (blazor.server.js:1)
at async kt.stop (blazor.server.js:1)

Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:16
English to Russian
Trados version? Jun 6, 2023

What is the version of your Trados? And could you please share the link to your post at their forum?

[Edited at 2023-06-07 07:21 GMT]

Paula Sampaio
Paula Sampaio  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 12:16
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I apologize for the delayed reply Jun 10, 2023

Hi, Stepan. Thank you for the reply and I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I use Trados 2022, I do not know the exact version. Here's the link to my post at their forum (my name is Ana Paula, so I'm the "Ana" in that thread): link
... See more
Hi, Stepan. Thank you for the reply and I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I use Trados 2022, I do not know the exact version. Here's the link to my post at their forum (my name is Ana Paula, so I'm the "Ana" in that thread): link

I was able to solve the problem, at least for now. I uninstalled the software, then created a new folder and reinstalled it in this new folder. It worked, it opened again. Once. So I repeated the process and this time, as soon as it opened, I updated it. This did the trick. And so far, so good.

Eugene from the RWS forum had sent me an incomplete url, the forum was shortening it for some reason. I brought this to his attention and he sent me a valid link too, but by then, I'd already found a fix of my own.

[Editada em 2023-06-10 00:44 GMT]

[Editada em 2023-06-10 00:45 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Business Manager won't work.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »