Lawrence Lam
Lawrence Lam  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 04:39
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 25, 2023

Hello fellow translators,

I have come across an issue while translating documents containing Chinese numerals and their corresponding Roman numerals in Trados. Specifically, I have noticed that Trados does not detect inconsistencies between these two types of numerals.

For instance, in Chinese, "一、二、三、四、五" corresponds to "I, II, III, IV, V" in Roman numerals. However, even if I mistakenly write "Appendix II" instead of "Appendix I," Trados does not fla
... See more
Hello fellow translators,

I have come across an issue while translating documents containing Chinese numerals and their corresponding Roman numerals in Trados. Specifically, I have noticed that Trados does not detect inconsistencies between these two types of numerals.

For instance, in Chinese, "一、二、三、四、五" corresponds to "I, II, III, IV, V" in Roman numerals. However, even if I mistakenly write "Appendix II" instead of "Appendix I," Trados does not flag this inconsistency.

I would like to raise this concern and inquire if there is a way to configure Trados to perform consistency checks between Chinese numerals and Roman numerals. It would greatly enhance the quality of my translations and help me avoid such errors.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue or found a solution for this? I would appreciate any guidance or suggestions you may have.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Inconsistency Check for Chinese Numerals and Roman Numerals in Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »