SDL Studio 2021 failed to open file. Studio 2019 succeeded...
De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: Daniel Jeory
Daniel Jeory
Daniel Jeory
Local time: 07:39
Lid 2003
Duits naar Engels
Sep 15, 2021

Presumably this is another bug in Studio 2021. I had actually used the tool without any problem up until now, but this morning when I tried to process a PowerPoint file, it kept throwing the old 'object of an instance not set to something something' error (see screenshot)

trados error

Frustrated, I tried processing the file in Studio 2019 out of curiosity, and to my surprise it opened successfully and I was able to translate and clean the file afterwards. Thank goodness I hadn't removed S2019 from my system!!

For information, I am running Studio 2021, Build 16.1.8.4404 on Windows 10, latest update.

[Edited at 2021-09-15 10:11 GMT]

Yaotl Altan

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
Frankrijk
Local time: 08:39
Lid 2007
Engels naar Duits
+ ...
Same here Sep 15, 2021

Daniel Jeory wrote:

Presumably this is another bug in Studio 2021. I had actually used the tool without any problem up until now, but this morning when I tried to process a PowerPoint file, it kept throwing the old 'object of an instance not set to something something' error (see the attached screenshot).

Frustrated, I tried processing the file in Studio 2019 out of curiosity, and to my surprise it opened successfully and I was able to translate and clean the file afterwards. Thank goodness I hadn't removed S2019 from my system!!

For information, I am running Studio 2021, Build 16.1.8.4404 on Windows 10, latest update.

Studio 2021 stopped working here for reasons I mentioned in another message.
It really is a PITA!

Daniel Jeory

Daniel Jeory
Daniel Jeory
Lid 2003
Duits naar Engels
ONDERWERPSTARTER
Wolfgang... Sep 15, 2021

...thanks, will search for your post.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Rusland
Local time: 09:39
Engels naar Russisch
Not exactly same Sep 15, 2021

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:
It really is a PITA!
Not the same actually. Your PITA is caused by your attempts to translate a third-party CAT-tool xliff file with Trados. Did you try to post your question in RWS Community? From your message I see you are aware of its existence, but I could not find your question on the RWS Community site. As you know nobody of RWS keeps track of this forum for years now, but still you address them here. Asking your question on their dedicated support site can be more efficient.

@Daniel Jeory
Your issue seems to be software-specific as well. There are too many possible causes and directions to go. It needs an expert to narrow down the list. I don't think it can be resolved by mere users or translators. I also recommend that you open a ticket and attach your screenshot here: https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/p/addpost

Daniel Jeory

Daniel Jeory
Daniel Jeory
Lid 2003
Duits naar Engels
ONDERWERPSTARTER
Thanks Sep 15, 2021

[quote]Stepan Konev wrote:

@Daniel Jeory
Your issue seems to be software-specific as well. There are too many possible causes and directions to go. It needs an expert to narrow down the list. I don't think it can be resolved by mere users or translators. I also recommend that you open a ticket and attach your screenshot here: https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/p/addpost

Thanks Stepan. I didn't realise the Trados team no longer monitored this forum. Will post on their community.

Best regards
Daniel

Stepan Konev

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
Frankrijk
Local time: 08:39
Lid 2007
Engels naar Duits
+ ...
Not exactly same... but is has worked before Sep 15, 2021

Stepan Konev wrote:

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:
It really is a PITA!
Not the same actually. Your PITA is caused by your attempts to translate a third-party CAT-tool xliff file with Trados.

and RWS or whoever makes plugin apps available on their site and these apps are supposed to work not to crash a whole system.

But as you said nobody from RWS is reading here, I will try to get help on the community site, when I have some time to spare.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Rusland
Local time: 09:39
Engels naar Russisch
Sep 15, 2021

[Edited at 2021-09-15 17:59 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Studio 2021 failed to open file. Studio 2019 succeeded...

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »