Is Windows XP Media compatible with SDL Trados Freelance 2006?
Tópico cartaz: Gustavo Villar
Gustavo Villar
Gustavo Villar
Local time: 12:45
inglês para espanhol
+ ...
Jun 8, 2006

I need to know if SDL Trados Freelance 2006 will work ok with Windows XP Media Center?
Thanks
Gustavo Villar

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Alemanha
Local time: 18:45
Membro (2004)
inglês para esloveno
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I dont know... Jun 8, 2006

but I think it's pretty probable. Try the demo version.

Plus, why Media XP AND TRADOS? Fit together like a Harley and a harp.

regards

Vito

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Alemanha
Membro (2003)
polonês para alemão
+ ...
Windows Media is Windows XP (Home) with added Media features Jun 9, 2006

AFAIK this is so - I´ve checked at Microsoft Germany, and the full name is Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.

Trados is fully compatible with Windows XP Pro and Windows XP Home, so it should run without problems with Media Center.

Vito, the answer to your question is quite easy - when you buy a new PC nowadays a lot of them are offered with Win Media, and XP is not always available for them, for example whe an interated TV tuner is on board.

Regards
... See more
AFAIK this is so - I´ve checked at Microsoft Germany, and the full name is Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.

Trados is fully compatible with Windows XP Pro and Windows XP Home, so it should run without problems with Media Center.

Vito, the answer to your question is quite easy - when you buy a new PC nowadays a lot of them are offered with Win Media, and XP is not always available for them, for example whe an interated TV tuner is on board.

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Alemanha
Membro (2004)
inglês para esloveno
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
" lot of them are offered with Win Media...and internal TV tuner" Jun 9, 2006

... so you can burn through TRADOS and watch the football championship at the same time?

Not for me, I find even Wagner at 10% above silence level intruding...

Vito

PS: 8 hours 10 minutes to the start of the game and counting (ggg)

[Bearbeitet am 2006-06-09 07:50]

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Alemanha
Membro (2003)
polonês para alemão
+ ...
Exactly, when you work with multiple screens - why not, Vito? Jun 9, 2006

When I work I always have music in the background, and that not very quiet. And not Wagner, but Marilion or something like that.

But back to the topic - the media features do not disturb in any way, so you only win.

Regards
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is Windows XP Media compatible with SDL Trados Freelance 2006?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »