Thread poster: Patti Maselli
Patti Maselli
Patti Maselli  Identity Verified
Martinique
Local time: 12:47
Member (2013)
French to English
Jul 17, 2013

I received an e-mail this morning from an editor and database manager from a company which specializes in medical translation and linguistic validation. She informed me that she received an e-mail from a translation agency that is using my CV but under another name. I knew that there was a risk when I put my CV on my profile, but I was wondering what you think about this. Thank you for any feedback you can offer.

PS Hoya Saxa to the thief!

[Edited at 2013-07-17 15:20 GMT]

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 18:47
Spanish to English
+ ...
It must be good then Jul 17, 2013

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". At least now you know about it, and that somebody out there thinks your CV is worth pinching.

More seriously though, given that this is a clear case of identity theft, perhaps the editor would be prepared to tell you whose name it was tendered in? That way we might be able to identify the culprits.

LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
Hopefully they will send you the payment Jul 17, 2013

as well. You should definitely report it -- first to the company which sent it somewhere.

Patti Maselli
Martinique
Member (2013)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
I have the name Jul 17, 2013

I didn't know if I should include the name, but now that you ask, my CV is being used under the name Cécile Mallory and her e-mail address is [email protected].

[Edited at 2013-07-17 16:24 GMT]

Recep Kurt
Recep Kurt  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 19:47
Member (2011)
English to Turkish
+ ...
List of translation scammers' emails Jul 18, 2013

http://www.jrdias.com/PDF/SCAMMERS_EMAILS.txt

There are quite a few scammer addresses listed there, might be useful to put them in your "black lists"...

[Edited at 2013-07-18 08:12 GMT]

Patti Maselli
Martinique
Member (2013)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all Jul 18, 2013

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Someone else is using my CV

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »