Possible scam from an Italian translation agency
Thread poster: Bogdan Dusa
frenchie4ever
frenchie4ever
Local time: 19:15
Definitely a FRAUD! Apr 3, 2013

Hi everyone!

Yes this Tom Orlando "got me".

He sent me an email a week ago (don't really remember how he got my info since I apply and/or send my resume everywhere I can...) saying how sorry he was for his late answer, but that he would need my services for an urgent French translation: 14 pages at a rate of 20€/page.
He sent me the first part and told me he would send me the second part once I was done with that one.

I started to work immediately,
... See more
Hi everyone!

Yes this Tom Orlando "got me".

He sent me an email a week ago (don't really remember how he got my info since I apply and/or send my resume everywhere I can...) saying how sorry he was for his late answer, but that he would need my services for an urgent French translation: 14 pages at a rate of 20€/page.
He sent me the first part and told me he would send me the second part once I was done with that one.

I started to work immediately, then wrote him to send me the second part along with a PO, before I could send him the work I had done. NO NEWS!!!
I tried to reach him 2 more times: NOTHING.

An hour ago, I received an email from him, stating how sorry he was for his late answer but he needed my services for a project (a new one, never did he mention the one he gave me a week ago...)

I just answered him that since I spent a whole night working for nothing, I had to require him to pay me in advance, and to send me all his information.

Obviously, I am not expecting any response from him, but I am glad this thread is up (should have checked it earlier), and happy to make this SCAM known.

There is no DIAMOND TRANSLATION, and NO TOM ORLANDO!
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Possible scam from an Italian translation agency

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »