For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
Understanding the impact of HISPANICS in the current markets of North America (Introduction)

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "Understanding the impact of HISPANICS in the current markets of North America (Introduction)".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

Miriam Papps
Miriam Papps  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:45
Spanish to English
+ ...
Spanish-English freelancer Aug 10, 2011

Good morning Claudia,

I am very interested in your webinar, but am a Spanish->English translator. It appears this course would be helpful for me, but I am wondering if it is more geared towards an English->Spanish audience. Thank you!

Claudia Brauer
Claudia Brauer  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hispanics int he 21st Century Aug 10, 2011

Hello, Miriam. Thank you for your question, which actually leads me to question the title of my own course, as it might be misleading. The session might better be called Interpreting for the Limited-English Speaking Hispanics in the Americas. This means, the Hispanics I will be referring to are those Hispanics that are now living in the US and Canada in large amounts and who have difficulties communicating in healthcare settings (hospitals, doctors offices, the pharmacy, etc.) as well as the ... See more
Hello, Miriam. Thank you for your question, which actually leads me to question the title of my own course, as it might be misleading. The session might better be called Interpreting for the Limited-English Speaking Hispanics in the Americas. This means, the Hispanics I will be referring to are those Hispanics that are now living in the US and Canada in large amounts and who have difficulties communicating in healthcare settings (hospitals, doctors offices, the pharmacy, etc.) as well as the legal environment (the courts and other legal settings), the financial industry (individuals dealing with the banks and credit card companies, for example), and the business world in general. Hispanics today make a huge percentage of the non-English speakers in North America, and are a very large drivers of work for English-Spanish AND Spanish-English interpreters, as their need is centered in the need to communicate with English-speaking providers and customer service reps who speak English. One of the issues that I stress is to give you all the statistics that would allow you to better market your services to your clients, in terms of allowing your clients to understand how important it is to provide Spanish as an option in their service options. I hope this helps. Have a wonderful day.Collapse

Miriam Papps
Miriam Papps  Identity Verified
Canada
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thank you Aug 10, 2011

Thank you, Claudia, for your quick response! Although I am not an interpreter (currently only a translator), I think it would be helpful to know the statistics when marketing my translation and proofreading services online.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Understanding the impact of HISPANICS in the current markets of North America (Introduction)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »