what're your ideas?
Thread poster: William Yang
LIZ LI
LIZ LI  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:00
French to Chinese
+ ...
I've been wasting too much time in this thread while I'm actually fully booked... Mar 10, 2022

William Yang wrote:

Chinese here.

I dislike that you showed your Chinese identity every time you were going to lose the "fight", so that you might accuse others of discrimination of you being Chinese?
I can picture you imagining yourself as a hero who fought against a group of colonists in the 1900s...
Wake up, Sir.
We are in 2022!!!

I defended Huawei because I grew up in & with Shenzhen, and I'm very proud of my city, which is by all definition an economic miracle in the history of mankind. (Not an ad)
I told you to leave it alone because you wanted to compare yourself to Huawei as an argument of you being set up to i-don't-know-what by whosoever.

Another reason for me to communicate with you here is that I don't want other fellow translators to stereotype our ZH translators with your attitudes.
So you don't get to speak for Chinese.
I DO.

End of my participation in this thread, or I'll have to work overnights till the end of this month...

[Edited at 2022-03-10 11:14 GMT]

Christopher Schröder

William Yang
William Yang
China
Member (2021)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
And I will disregards your posts in the future. Good-bye Mar 10, 2022

LIZ LI wrote:

William Yang wrote:

Chinese here.

I dislike that you showed your Chinese identity every time you were going to lose the "fight", so that you might accuse others of discrimination of you being Chinese?
I can picture you imagining yourself as a hero who fought against a group of colonists in the 1900s...
Wake up, Sir.
We are in 2022!!!

I defended Huawei because I grew up in & with Shenzhen, and I'm very proud of my city, which is by all definition an economic miracle in the history of mankind. (Not an ad)
I told you to leave it alone because you wanted to compare yourself to Huawei as an argument of you being set up to i-don't-know-what by whosoever.

Another reason for me to communicate with you here is that I don't want other fellow translators to stereotype our ZH translators with your attitudes.
So you don't get to speak for Chinese.
I DO.

End of my participation in this thread, or I'll have to work overnights till the end of this month...

[Edited at 2022-03-10 11:14 GMT]

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:00
German to English
Time to call and end to this Mar 10, 2022

We're distracting Mr. Yang from his job search and English lessons.

Barbara Carrara
Rui Domingues
Robert Rietvelt
P.L.F. Persio
Ines Radionovas-Lagoutte, PhD
Jennifer Levey
expressisverbis

William Yang
William Yang
China
Member (2021)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Before it worsens and escalates into a fight, Mar 12, 2022

Referring to the previous posts, I'm making a few points here,
First, that was the time I seriously committed to online jobs,
Second, it was also my so-called SETUP of my career as a freelance translator,
Third and the most important, I didn't really know that "MICHEAL" or "MIKE", even now, if he is a Chinese or not, which is what I happened to find just now as everything happened online. I didn't remember MIKE had jobs of English to Chinese for me and what he called THREE HOUR
... See more
Referring to the previous posts, I'm making a few points here,
First, that was the time I seriously committed to online jobs,
Second, it was also my so-called SETUP of my career as a freelance translator,
Third and the most important, I didn't really know that "MICHEAL" or "MIKE", even now, if he is a Chinese or not, which is what I happened to find just now as everything happened online. I didn't remember MIKE had jobs of English to Chinese for me and what he called THREE HOURS OF EDITTING, I cannot confirm. Maybe he can publish here, if he has the record and I understand he is so insidious that he surely has and will do that. And this time again another SETUP.

I WILL NOT ALLOW THIS BRAWL TO ESCALATE AS I'M SATISFIED WITH THE SITUATION I'M NOW. JUST A LITTLE CLEARUP

To reflect, I consider it was the first SETUP, to be honest, I didn't have the ability to do the Chinese to English translation provided by MIKE, or GLOSSIKA, which, it seems to me, MIKE knew. My previous feedback from my clients were all positive. I will have different strategy if the same situation happens.

[quote]LIZ LI wrote:

After some "data mining", I'm really surprised to find out that William Yang here is NOT new to this forum at all.
And he might be one of the reasons why we have a Chinese forum @proz!
What a world...
And this is NOT the first question mark on(?)/in(?) his linguistic competence!
https://www.proz.com/forum/chinese/1686-glossika_translation.html

Can't judge his Chinese level due to unreadable codes in the previous thread.
But no sign of improvement in English for sure.

Revelations for Dear Mr Cynical:
1. Grow up, be an adult.
2. Work hard or leave.
3. You don't speak for Chinese or ZH translators.
4. Do not screw up with the female species.

Comments on my English level from anyone with EN literacy welcomed & appreciated.
Remind me to laugh or react if any jokes or punning.

[Edited at 2022-03-12 05:04 GMT]
Collapse

Andrea Capuselli
Andrea Capuselli
Local time: 07:00
SITE STAFF
SITE LOCALIZER
This thread is being locked. Mar 13, 2022

Dear all,

Thank you for using the ProZ.com forum. However, I am afraid that this thread has strayed off topic. With the purpose of maintaining ProZ.com's professional and results-oriented atmosphere, this thread is being locked.

Thank you for using the site!

expressisverbis
Beatriz Ramírez de Haro
Katalin Horváth McClure
Ines Radionovas-Lagoutte, PhD
Robert Rietvelt

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

what're your ideas?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »