William Yang
William Yang
China
Local time: 16:40
Member (2021)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
did I graduate from kindergarten or do you have common sense? use you head before saying anything. Mar 8, 2022

I know you have collected a lot of information about me.
Tom in London wrote:

"what're your ideas?"

You might pronounce "what are" as "what're" when speaking; but you can't write it as "what're".

[Edited at 2022-03-08 09:22 GMT]

[Edited at 2022-03-08 09:40 GMT]

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Fun Mar 8, 2022

This is the most funnest thread for yonks. Long may it continue!

Two thoughts:

1. Even at the very bottom end of the market, you have to add some value over Google Translate before it gets to the proofreader. I think you need to ask yourself whether you do.

2. Even if your native English proofreader has the benefit of a knowledge of Chinese, it’s hard to see how they won’t need more time to edit your English than you take to write it, so how this arrang
... See more
This is the most funnest thread for yonks. Long may it continue!

Two thoughts:

1. Even at the very bottom end of the market, you have to add some value over Google Translate before it gets to the proofreader. I think you need to ask yourself whether you do.

2. Even if your native English proofreader has the benefit of a knowledge of Chinese, it’s hard to see how they won’t need more time to edit your English than you take to write it, so how this arrangement can be economically viable is a mystery to me.
Collapse

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
やれやれ Mar 8, 2022

@William Yang
As a friendly warning, you could get sued if you throw accusations at people without solid evidences. The folks here probably won't (and can't) do that. But you're bound to meet someone in your jurisdiction who would, if you keep this meme going on for far too long. Why sabotage your own life?

Look, I know you have issues with betrayal and defamation in the past. I have experienced those (plus many others) too. Hence why I now have paranoia over anything.
... See more
@William Yang
As a friendly warning, you could get sued if you throw accusations at people without solid evidences. The folks here probably won't (and can't) do that. But you're bound to meet someone in your jurisdiction who would, if you keep this meme going on for far too long. Why sabotage your own life?

Look, I know you have issues with betrayal and defamation in the past. I have experienced those (plus many others) too. Hence why I now have paranoia over anything. But to consider everyone as your enemy is really not the way forward. I doubt there are as many people who want to see your downfall as you thought. Fine, don't trust everyone. But you'll still need to listen to a handful of people to give you second opinions/thoughts in addition to your own. Human beings are very biased creatures, and it's way too easy to see yourself as being right and the others as being wrong. Though I agree that some posters in this thread are just plain rude. I don't like them either.

To be frank with you, if you took some advises from this thread alone, you could make considerable developments of your own career, skills, and professionalism. Don't mind if I yoinked some of them for my own benefits.

FYI, I have reported your thread to the mods, with the hope that it will get locked soon. Yes, I am that kind of guy. If that makes you feel any better, feel free to channel all your anger at me and accuse me to your heart's content. I'm used to it.

じゃあね~
Collapse

P.L.F. Persio
Kevin Fulton

William Yang
William Yang
China
Member (2021)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
you may not understand ny situation Mar 8, 2022

Novian Cahyadi wrote:

@William Yang

Look, I know you have issues with betrayal and defamation in the past. I have experienced those (plus many others) too. Hence why I now have paranoia over anything. But to consider everyone as your enemy is really not the way forward. I doubt there are as many people who want to see your downfall as you thought. Fine, don't trust everyone. But you'll still need to listen to a handful of people to give you second opinions/thoughts in addition to your own. Human beings are very biased creatures, and it's way too easy to see yourself as being right and the others as being wrong. Though I agree that some posters in this thread are just plain rude. I don't like them either.

To be frank with you, if you took some advises from this thread alone, you could make considerable developments of your own career, skills, and professionalism. Don't mind if I yoinked some of them for my own benefits.

FYI, I have reported your thread to the mods, with the hope that it will get locked soon. Yes, I am that kind of guy. If that makes you feel any better, feel free to channel all your anger at me and accuse me to your heart's content. I'm used to it.

じゃあね~

Mr. Satan (X)

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
You're right Mar 8, 2022

Maybe I don't. But have you been abused and bullied almost your entire life? Have you ever been hated for being different than the others? Have your life been threatened simply because you are a Christian minority, so that you are forced to relocate to another, less hostile environment of your country and left all your possessions behind just to continue living in your faith?

I'm not you, and you're not me. Nobody could really understand each other. Anyone who promotes this idea is
... See more
Maybe I don't. But have you been abused and bullied almost your entire life? Have you ever been hated for being different than the others? Have your life been threatened simply because you are a Christian minority, so that you are forced to relocate to another, less hostile environment of your country and left all your possessions behind just to continue living in your faith?

I'm not you, and you're not me. Nobody could really understand each other. Anyone who promotes this idea is saying BS. But I can share some of my views for you to consider. And who knows, maybe you can share yours to me as well. I love learning new things! Don't you agree?

[Edited at 2022-03-08 11:01 GMT]
Collapse

P.L.F. Persio

William Yang
William Yang
China
Member (2021)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
that's a long story i may relate with someone, not here Mar 8, 2022

Novian Cahyadi wrote:

Maybe I don't. But have you been abused and bullied almost your entire life? Have you ever been hated for being different than the others? Have your life been threatened simply because you were a Christian minority, so that you are forced to relocate to another, less hostile environment of your country and left all your possessions behind just to continue living in your faith?

I'm not you, and you're not me. Nobody could really understand each other. Anyone who promotes this idea is saying BS. But I can share some of my views for you to consider. And who knows, maybe you can share yours to me as well. I love learning new things! Don't you agree?

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
OK Mar 8, 2022

Just don't dig your own grave.

Oh, and you don't have to reply to this post. Chill and have some good cold beer.

William Yang
William Yang
China
Member (2021)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
you said i accuse, but there are soft abuse . every one hate machine translation i see Mar 8, 2022

language machines here. sorry I know you mean to help. but it affects my normal life here.
Novian Cahyadi wrote:

Just don't dig your own grave.

Oh, and you don't have to reply to this post. Chill and have some good cold beer.

LIZ LI
LIZ LI  Identity Verified
China
French to Chinese
+ ...
Don't understand... Mar 8, 2022

Fellows translators like Samuel and Paul were trying to give you advice on marketing yourself, but you chose to fight with words (foreign words!!!) with some others.
What's the point?
It doesn't make you a hero or Don Juan...

Being a freelancer means that you have to take comments from others, good or bad, willingly or not.
This thread shall make you understand that you won't get any clients to recruit you for your ZH>EN translation via Proz.
Then try to foc
... See more
Fellows translators like Samuel and Paul were trying to give you advice on marketing yourself, but you chose to fight with words (foreign words!!!) with some others.
What's the point?

Being a freelancer means that you have to take comments from others, good or bad, willingly or not.
This thread shall make you understand that you won't get any clients to recruit you for your ZH>EN translation via Proz.
Then try to focus on EN>ZH here.

Last but not least, try the humble approach. That's sth rooted in our tradition, right?
If a foreigner is to start a fight with me in Chinese, any attempt would be doomed to failure...
My hubby will surely testify...
Collapse

Paul Malone
expressisverbis
Kay Denney
P.L.F. Persio
Stepan Konev
Barbara Carrara
Beatriz Ramírez de Haro

William Yang
William Yang
China
Member (2021)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
you are barking the wrong tree. Mar 8, 2022

LIZ LI wrote:

What's the point?

Then try to focus on EN>ZH here.

Last but not least, try the humble approach. That's sth rooted in our tradition, right?
If a foreigner is to start a fight with me in Chinese, any attempt would be doomed to failure...
My hubby will surely testify...

William Yang
William Yang
China
Member (2021)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
我不和中国翻译在这里交流 Mar 8, 2022

不管你想表现什么。我也不是闹事的大家都看清楚。我也要发发声。
如果有人调查我这里有充分证据。

[Edited at 2022-03-08 12:44 GMT]

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 09:40
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
My ideas: Mar 8, 2022

William Yang wrote:

确实这样,最怕的是懂你自己人欺负自己人。还找所谓的外国专家背书。
如果是另一种情况,就是不可容忍的。

[Edited at 2022-03-08 09:06 GMT]

William Yang wrote:

如果有人调查我这里有充分证据。

Starting by reading the forum rules would be one of my "ideas", in addition to the other opinions you have already received from all the members.

Rule 7:

A forum's designated language should be used.
A working language is defined for each forum, and this language should be used to the extent possible when posting. Where not otherwise specified, English is the working language.

https://www.proz.com/?sp=siterules&mode=show&category=forum

Responding to fellow translators - who are being very patient and giving you great advice - in your native language is disrespectful in my humble opinion.
Would you like me to answer you in my native language?

[Edited at 2022-03-08 13:44 GMT]

Christel Zipfel
P.L.F. Persio
Kay Denney
Barbara Carrara
Beatriz Ramírez de Haro

William Yang
William Yang
China
Member (2021)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yeah I use English when i talk to fellow translators Mar 8, 2022

and I use Chinese when I talked to fellow Chinese translators. I didn't find they were patient and friendly.
quote]expressisverbis wrote:

William Yang wrote:

确实这样,最怕的是懂你自己人欺负自己人。还找所谓的外国专家背书。
如果是另一种情况,就是不可容忍的。

[Edited at 2022-03-08 09:06 GMT]

William Yang wrote:

如果有人调查我这里有充分证据。

Starting by reading the forum rules would be one of my "ideas", in addition to the other opinions you have already received from all the members.

Rule 7:

A forum's designated language should be used.
A working language is defined for each forum, and this language should be used to the extent possible when posting. Where not otherwise specified, English is the working language.

https://www.proz.com/?sp=siterules&mode=show&category=forum

Responding to fellow translators - who are being very patient and giving you great advice - in your native language is disrespectful in my humble opinion.
Would you like me to answer you in my native language?

[Edited at 2022-03-08 13:44 GMT] [/quote]

[Edited at 2022-03-08 13:48 GMT]

[Edited at 2022-03-08 13:51 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:40
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Yubing Mar 8, 2022

William Yang wrote:
I use English when I talk to fellow translators ... and I use Chinese when I talked to fellow Chinese translators.

You probably did so in good faith (it kinda makes sense, after all), but Verbis does have a point: ProZ.com forum rules say that English should be used in the English forums and Chinese used in the Chinese forums.
https://www.proz.com/forum/chinese-34.html

[Edited at 2022-03-08 14:02 GMT]

William Yang
William Yang
China
Member (2021)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You have good points. I use Engliish now. Mar 8, 2022

Samuel Murray wrote:

William Yang wrote:
I use English when I talk to fellow translators ... and I use Chinese when I talked to fellow Chinese translators.

You probably did so in good faith, but Verbis does have a point: ProZ.com forum rules say that English should be used in the English forums and Chinese used in the Chinese forums.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

what're your ideas?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »