Wordfast Pro 5 displays error msg "cannot read translated file" when trying to see Preview.
Thread poster: Gisah Vasconcellos
Sep 27, 2018

I completed the translation, saved the file and pressed Preview File, Live Preview, and Office Preview. All of them returned the error message. Created a new project and the same happened. How will I retrieve o view my translation?!?

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 18:43
try pesudotranslate Sep 27, 2018

Hi

I would take the source Word file to Quick Tools > Pseudotranslate to verify if you can create target translated file. If target file created without any error issue might be missing tags in targets that are in source. Fix all the tags and then it could generate target or preview files

Thank you,

John

Gisah Vasconcellos wrote:

I completed the translation, saved the file and pressed Preview File, Live Preview, and Office Preview. All of them returned the error message. Created a new project and the same happened. How will I retrieve o view my translation?!?

B D Finch
B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:43
French to English
+ ...
An alternative suggestion Sep 28, 2018

Why not simply use the clean-up function? You can always make corrections in Wordfast and then clean it up again. I have found that WFP doesn't deal well with complex layouts if I am just saving and previewing the translated file, but has no problem if I use clean-up. So, I usually go straight to that, though I do save the file "as translated" as I go along as a backup in case anything goes disastrously wrong.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 5 displays error msg "cannot read translated file" when trying to see Preview.

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »