Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:22
English to French
+ ...
Adding a video in profile when it's a YouTube Short Mar 30, 2022

Hi all,

Coming back to this thread since I'm doing some testing.
Posting a Short has advantages, especially if your outsourcer is browsing profiles from a Phone. Shorts are less than a minute which is more engaging when talent-hunting and YouTube tends to promote Shorts at the moment
On first test, if you try to paste the Short URL from the YouTube "share" feature, you get an error message.

How to fix this issue?

On the test I did, here is how i
... See more
Hi all,

Coming back to this thread since I'm doing some testing.
Posting a Short has advantages, especially if your outsourcer is browsing profiles from a Phone. Shorts are less than a minute which is more engaging when talent-hunting and YouTube tends to promote Shorts at the moment
On first test, if you try to paste the Short URL from the YouTube "share" feature, you get an error message.

How to fix this issue?

On the test I did, here is how it worked for me:

1/Get the share URL for your Short
Here is mine https://youtube.com/shorts/cjBOXcHXTkM?feature=share

2/ Paste it in a simple text editor and replace the word "short" in the URL by "watch"
https://youtube.com/watch/cjBOXcHXTkM?feature=share

3/Open the edited URL in your browser. Now click on the "Share" button again, you will get a standard YouTube URL
https://youtu.be/cjBOXcHXTkM

4/Paste the URL in your Profile for the adequate language (you can have 1 video per language).

That's it!

You can check the one on profile to see how it opens etc. (it's not a profile video at the moment, it's another Short I made explaining what an xliff is since I'm just testing that at the moment...)

Let me know if you thing making it as a Short seems a good option for you.
I may make a video tutorial on the topic one of these days, so stay tuned!

NB: these steps are for desktop computer, if you want to do this from a smartphone, open the URLs in incognito tab otherwise you'll be sent to the YouTube app every time...

[Edited at 2022-03-30 09:23 GMT]
Collapse

Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:22
English to French
+ ...
Done! Apr 5, 2022

Here we go,
I decided to make a new profile video.
As explained above I made it as a YoutTube short and kept it under 1 minute (hard...).
Don't think what I did is overcomplicated. I basically made a Powerpoint presentation and opened a Zoom meeting.
I used the share a PowerPoint as Background feature, moved and resized my face. Then I started a screen-recording with sound to grab my voice.
A bit of editing and "Voil
... See more
Here we go,
I decided to make a new profile video.
As explained above I made it as a YoutTube short and kept it under 1 minute (hard...).
Don't think what I did is overcomplicated. I basically made a Powerpoint presentation and opened a Zoom meeting.
I used the share a PowerPoint as Background feature, moved and resized my face. Then I started a screen-recording with sound to grab my voice.
A bit of editing and "Voilà" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGSoPyvYc2U

You don't have to do anything as fancy and shooting with a good enough smartphone should work well for you. Have fun!

[Edited at 2022-04-05 14:27 GMT]
Collapse

Rodrigo Bovino
Rodrigo Bovino  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 16:22
English to Portuguese
+ ...
No Apr 8, 2022

No chance. Maybe for interpreters, but as a translator there is no reason for it. A text sample would be much more valuable.

Jorge Payan

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Video in profile

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »