Netherlands conference 2009 - Accommodation
Thread poster: Percy Balemans (X)
Percy Balemans (X)
Percy Balemans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:57
Jul 26, 2009

Use this thread if you have any questions about accommodation for the Netherlands conference. You can find information about booking a room at the conference hotel on the conference page. Go to the Accommodation & Social page for a list of hotels in Amersfoor... See more
Use this thread if you have any questions about accommodation for the Netherlands conference. You can find information about booking a room at the conference hotel on the conference page. Go to the Accommodation & Social page for a list of hotels in Amersfoort. If you have any more questions, feel free to post them here.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-06-15 18:39 GMT]
Collapse

Maksym Kozub
Maksym Kozub  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:57
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Urgent news: an interestimg package still available at the conference hotel until tomorrow Aug 23, 2009

I visited their website, and found a great option at Hotel - Packages - Super Weekend Package:
On Friday afternoon you can check in at 13.00 after we have welcomed you. You then have the whole weekend to enjoy yourself and relax, and we really do mean the whole weekend. You do not have to check out until 17.30 on Sunday!

Before you head for home, you can enjoy our special Super Weekend Dinner at the restaurant.

€ 73.50 per person

The Super Weekend package includes bed & breakfast in a double room, with arrival on Friday and departure on Sunday (subject to availability). Extra charge single room € 24,00 per night.
Optional: Super Weekend Dinner, 2 course menu for € 17,50.

I submitted a reservation request via the website yesterday morning. I received a reply today saying the hotel has basically been fully booked, but they still keep some rooms for this conference in stock. I called them 5 minutes ago to check whether it is posible to book that Special Weekend Package in the conference block. They said "Oh, we forgot about that package still being advertised on our website. We will remove it tomorrow, but until then we honour that price". I said directly "I will tell my colleagues the package is still available"; the answer was "That's OK, but your colleagues must be quick".

EUR 147 for a double room with breakfasts for two nights seems to be a very good option. However, I must emphasize it will disappear tomorrow as soon as they correct the website information. There is not much time left to decide and book.

[Редактировалось 2009-08-23 16:11 GMT]

Maksym Kozub
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Update: the hotel package still available Aug 24, 2009

This morning, I called the hotel to check what is going on, since I have not received an e-mail confirmation from them. The lady there apologized and said that my reservation has already been confirmed, and they will send an e-mail confirmation soon ("Sorry for that, lots of work here, some of our people still having holidays, etc."). She further said that they still have rooms for ProZ conference participants, and it is still possible to book under those Special Weekend Package terms (that pack... See more
This morning, I called the hotel to check what is going on, since I have not received an e-mail confirmation from them. The lady there apologized and said that my reservation has already been confirmed, and they will send an e-mail confirmation soon ("Sorry for that, lots of work here, some of our people still having holidays, etc."). She further said that they still have rooms for ProZ conference participants, and it is still possible to book under those Special Weekend Package terms (that package is still on their website).

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way associated with Kontakt der Kontinenten: I just think this opportunity to book right there at the conference hotel at a much lower price is worth mentioning.

[Редактировалось 2009-08-24 10:44 GMT]
Collapse

Percy Balemans (X)
Percy Balemans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:57
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Aug 24, 2009

Thanks for pointing out this special offer, Maksym!

Maksym Kozub
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Not looking for a roommate anymore :) (was: Looking for a roomate) Nov 18, 2009

The hotel has been very friendly, and they have agreed to change my reservation to provide me with a single room at a very good price, so please forget my previous message.

[Редактировалось 2009-11-18 18:13 GMT]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Netherlands conference 2009 - Accommodation

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »