Premium Job Postings: To whom is the "reply" addressed?
Thread poster: Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:40
English to Russian
+ ...
Dec 5, 2006

When I click the Premium Job Posting link sent to my e-mail, there's an option to "Reply to this message (optional)". To whom would this reply be sent?

TIA

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 00:40
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Confused with the interface Dec 5, 2006

Me too, I was confused with the interface when replying to a Premium Job. First, the interface does not look in the line of usual ProZ' interface, second, the scope of fields to be filled seems too limited. Last, but not the least, I'm not sure which info about me was sent to the outsourcer. No `rates' field, no profile link, `no' many other important info explicitly visible.

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 17:40
SITE STAFF
Replies are sent to the outsourcer Dec 5, 2006

Mikhail Kropotov wrote:
When I click the Premium Job Posting link sent to my e-mail, there's an option to "Reply to this message (optional)". To whom would this reply be sent?

Hi Mikhail,

When you submit a reply to a Premium Job message the reply is sent to the outsourcer who originally contacted you. I will try to clarify this in the interface.

Best regards,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 17:40
SITE STAFF
The outsourcer can choose what information to collect from candidates Dec 5, 2006

Kirill Semenov wrote:
Me too, I was confused with the interface when replying to a Premium Job. First, the interface does not look in the line of usual ProZ' interface, second, the scope of fields to be filled seems too limited. Last, but not the least, I'm not sure which info about me was sent to the outsourcer. No `rates' field, no profile link, `no' many other important info explicitly visible.

Hi Kirill,

In the Premium Job system, outsourcers can choose what information they want to request from interested candidates. Some ask candidates to complete more fields than others.

Any information you have already entered in your profile (and given us permission to show) is automatically available for the outsourcer to see when viewing your quote.

I will try to clarify this in the interface, and will look into adding more standardized fields to the submission form.

Thanks,

Jason

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 00:40
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Thank you, Jason Dec 5, 2006

I see now, I hope it will be so

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Premium Job Postings: To whom is the "reply" addressed?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »