Thread poster: Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:18
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 5, 2013

Dear ProZ.com members, as indicated in a recent thread http://www.proz.com/topic/244214 ProZ.com developers are making improvements to update the ProZ.com job system.

One of the improvements currently underway is to improve the means to locate and source linguists with DTP experience. If you have experience hiring linguists with DTP experience, or have input in to the sourcing of linguists
... See more
Dear ProZ.com members, as indicated in a recent thread http://www.proz.com/topic/244214 ProZ.com developers are making improvements to update the ProZ.com job system.

One of the improvements currently underway is to improve the means to locate and source linguists with DTP experience. If you have experience hiring linguists with DTP experience, or have input in to the sourcing of linguists with DTP experience kindly add your suggestions and input to this thread.

As the option to source DTP linguists is made available this forum will be updated.

Currently, DTP linguists can be sourced via the ProZ.com directory using the service type = DTP at http://www.proz.com/translator-directory/ When selecting the DTP as a service you must also include a language pair or location. The resulting list of linguists will be those with DTP as a service, and meet the language pair or location specifications.

Please list any feedback in this thread as to what other parameters/variables or improvements would be needed, like specific software requirements (InDesign).

Thank you

Drew
Collapse

Joakim Braun
Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 15:18
German to Swedish
+ ...
Work experience Mar 5, 2013

I'm one of those graphic-designer-cum-translator people.

If I hired a designer, my first question would be what magazine or newspaper experience (s)he had .
If the market permits, I would want someone who had actually worked full time as a print designer, not a translator who sort-of-segued into Indesign.

Some way to indicate this would be good.

Also some way to upload and display demo layouts (other than a PDF link). A gallery function, basically.... See more
I'm one of those graphic-designer-cum-translator people.

If I hired a designer, my first question would be what magazine or newspaper experience (s)he had .
If the market permits, I would want someone who had actually worked full time as a print designer, not a translator who sort-of-segued into Indesign.

Some way to indicate this would be good.

Also some way to upload and display demo layouts (other than a PDF link). A gallery function, basically.

[Bearbeitet am 2013-03-06 08:55 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestions for hiring DTP professionals

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »