Suggestion: job notification filtering based on software listed in profiles (Staff: will implement)
Thread poster: Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:19
French to German
+ ...
Jan 4, 2011

I have checked out the job posting form before releasing this message.

In the optional part of the form, outsourcers have the possibility of indicating a CAT tool, with the option "Preferred" and "Mandatory".

While I can see the difference between these two options, I quite don't understand why I still receive offers for which any given CAT tool is indicated as being mandatory.

It is quite frustating to click on the link directing me to a job offer only t
... See more
I have checked out the job posting form before releasing this message.

In the optional part of the form, outsourcers have the possibility of indicating a CAT tool, with the option "Preferred" and "Mandatory".

While I can see the difference between these two options, I quite don't understand why I still receive offers for which any given CAT tool is indicated as being mandatory.

It is quite frustating to click on the link directing me to a job offer only to discover that I don't meet the outsourcer's requirements about this point.

I would therefore suggest that we should have the option of filtering out jobs according to the CAT tools listed on our profiles.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2011-01-04 10:44 GMT]
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 06:19
SITE STAFF
Sounds good Jan 4, 2011

Hello Laurent,

Sounds like this would be good for both parties (the job poster and those receiving the notification). I have added it for development.

Jared

Caryl Swift
Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
Just to double-check Jan 4, 2011

It will be an option for those of us receiving the notification, won't it? And not an automatic filter?

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My basic idea... Jan 4, 2011

My basic idea was that we should not receive notifications when the CAT tool is mandatory and it is not listed among those we own.

I leave refinements up to other posters and would indeed welcome more inputs.

Caryl Swift
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
I'd prefer to be able to choose for myself Jan 4, 2011

It would obviously be a good thing to have the option of not receiving such notifications if it's an irritant.

However, I, personally, would like to continue receiving them for a number of reasons. Hence my question - could the filter, be implemented as an option - to opt IN to the filter if we don't want to receive the notifications?

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 06:19
SITE STAFF
Recipient preference will be respected Jan 4, 2011

Hello Caryl,

Long time no "see"! Yes, this would be an optional setting.

Jared

Caryl Swift
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
Excellent! Jan 4, 2011

Hi there, Jared!

Excellent! Thank you - and a happy New Year!

Caryl

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestion: job notification filtering based on software listed in profiles (Staff: will implement)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »