Two jobs closed before I was even informed.
Thread poster: Marian Vieyra
Marian Vieyra
Marian Vieyra  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:49
Member (2007)
French to English
+ ...
Aug 12, 2008

Yesterday I monitored all new job postings 'till late at night without seeing anything suitable in my pairs. Today (12 Aug) I see one CLOSED job dated 11 Aug which did not appear yesterday and another timed at 0:34 today and also CLOSED. I would have quoted for both. Any reason for this?

Regards
Marian

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 04:49
SITE STAFF
The fastest way to be notified of jobs in your areas is by setting your Jobs dashboard Aug 12, 2008

Hello Marian,

It is possible that your browser was caching older information if you were monitoring this from the jobs list. The fastest way to be notified of jobs in your language pairs and areas of expertise is by setting your Jobs dashboard to notify you when they are posted. You can do this by selecting the "Immediate alerts" option. Remember your Jobs dashboard is found under the "Settings" tab of your profile.

I see you have submitted a support request on the matt
... See more
Hello Marian,

It is possible that your browser was caching older information if you were monitoring this from the jobs list. The fastest way to be notified of jobs in your language pairs and areas of expertise is by setting your Jobs dashboard to notify you when they are posted. You can do this by selecting the "Immediate alerts" option. Remember your Jobs dashboard is found under the "Settings" tab of your profile.

I see you have submitted a support request on the matter. If you can provide the page URLs for the specific jobs in your support request, site staff can check and make sure there are no other problems with your settings. Thanks.

Best regards,

Jared
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Two jobs closed before I was even informed.

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »