Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: How do you organize your Translation Memories (TMs)?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
vixen
vixen  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 20:46
English to Dutch
+ ...
By end client Jul 13, 2009

As others have already pointed out, this is the only way to keep client-specific phrases and terminology apart.

I also have a "container" TM where I have imported all TMs (which reminds me I haven't updated it in a while) that I can use for concordance searches. Sometimes you know you've come across a similar phrase before (e.g. references to technical standards) but you just cannot remember exactly where you used it before.

In my TM I always include the client name and
... See more
As others have already pointed out, this is the only way to keep client-specific phrases and terminology apart.

I also have a "container" TM where I have imported all TMs (which reminds me I haven't updated it in a while) that I can use for concordance searches. Sometimes you know you've come across a similar phrase before (e.g. references to technical standards) but you just cannot remember exactly where you used it before.

In my TM I always include the client name and the project as parameters, so that these are visible when I do a concordance search.
Collapse

Anthony Baldwin
Anthony Baldwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:46
Portuguese to English
+ ...
other Jul 30, 2009

My CAT (OmegaT) can use an entire directory full of TMs as reference for a single project, so I just lump all relevant TMs into one directory to be accessed.
I have 3 distinct directories of TMs, separated by language, since I work in several pairs (FR/EN, ES/EN, PT/EN).
My FR/EN directory is the largest.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How do you organize your Translation Memories (TMs)?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »