Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:37
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Aug 3, 2009

Dear Colleagues,

As part of the new class of moderators for the year 2009-2010, it is my pleasure to become your new moderator of this forum, taking over from Parrot (many thanks, Parrot!).

I would like to begin by thanking Jared Tabor for his great efforts recently in providing training materials for the new moderator team and spending a lot of time in the past few weeks to train the team for the challenging task of moderating and its various aspects.

I ve
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

As part of the new class of moderators for the year 2009-2010, it is my pleasure to become your new moderator of this forum, taking over from Parrot (many thanks, Parrot!).

I would like to begin by thanking Jared Tabor for his great efforts recently in providing training materials for the new moderator team and spending a lot of time in the past few weeks to train the team for the challenging task of moderating and its various aspects.

I very much look forward to moderating this interesting and diverse forum, which has given me a great deal of food for thought over the past few years and widened my horizons.

Please feel free to contact me at any time concerning this forum, and for any reason. You can reach me via the link at the foot of the page, or also via my profile page (the only requirement being that you are a logged-in user).

I wish you a great deal of interesting and pleasant discussion in this forum.

With best wishes for the year ahead,

Your new moderator
Astrid
Collapse

Fabio Descalzi
Fabio Descalzi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 09:37
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Welcome Astrid Aug 4, 2009

Dear Astrid,

You are undertaking an interesting and culturally enriching task: the moderation of this forum. As its name says: very diverse in nature

Wish you best luck in your new task.

And, yes: a very well-deserved thank you to Parrot!

Best regards,
Fabio Descalzi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Introducing your new moderator in this forum for the term 2009-2010

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »