First letter in each segment protected?
Thread poster: djingo (X)
djingo (X)
djingo (X)
English to Danish
Dec 13, 2006

I noticed that in each segment the first letter is treated as a protected tag (both in source and target segments). How do I remove the protection for the first letter?

(I don't want to cancel the protection for the tags - only for the text itself.)

Lindsay Sabadosa (X)
Lindsay Sabadosa (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:06
Italian to English
+ ...
It's all about cursor placement Dec 14, 2006

Basically, if you put the cursor in front of the first word and type, it doesn't change the text but adds text to the tag (not good). If you put the cursor *after* the first letter (if that's all you want to change) or after the first word and then use the backspace key, you can edit the whole word. There may be another way but this is what I do.
Hope this helps.
Best,
LNS

Izabela Szczypka
Izabela Szczypka  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:06
English to Polish
+ ...
I do it the same way Dec 14, 2006

Lindsay Sabadosa wrote:

Basically, if you put the cursor in front of the first word and type, it doesn't change the text but adds text to the tag (not good). If you put the cursor *after* the first letter (if that's all you want to change) or after the first word and then use the backspace key, you can edit the whole word. There may be another way but this is what I do.
Hope this helps.
Best,
LNS

... but find it annoying. Anybody with a better idea how to?

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:06
English to French
Maybe a workaround Dec 14, 2006

This behaviour is the same with Trados.
In Word, with hidden text displayed, highlight (select) the first letter of the segment and type.
This should do the trick, the font will be that of the first letter of the segment.
Hope it helps,
Philippe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

First letter in each segment protected?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »