Patrick Wahl
Patrick Wahl  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:12
Portuguese to German
+ ...
Oct 29, 2016

Hi,

is it possible to install WFP on a 2nd Mac?

I tried it a while ago and followed the necessary steps. Then I had to sent an email to the WFP support, I think in order to get a license back via email, but I never got any response.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks and Happy Saturday

Patrick

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 23:12
English to Thai
+ ...
USB External drive Oct 29, 2016

Patrick Wahl wrote:

Hi,

is it possible to install WFP on a 2nd Mac?

I tried it a while ago and followed the necessary steps. Then I had to sent an email to the WFP support, I think in order to get a license back via email, but I never got any response.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks and Happy Saturday

Patrick

I use USB External drive and OSX and WFP. They are combination widely used in Windows but they also work with Mac OS. They are portable harddisk, one for both Windows and Mac -- muti-boot system. The new license is not required.
Ask your computer expert to install such the system.

Soonthon L.

Patrick Wahl
Brazil
Portuguese to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 29, 2016

Hi Soonthon,

let me see if I understood it right: You install WFP on an external hard drive and then simply connect between different computers?

Cheers

JohnWhi
JohnWhi
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:12
French to English
Use Activation Key Oct 31, 2016

I have Wordfast Pro 4 licensed on two Macs, and also on the Windows 10 partition of each Mac. I simply used the Activation Key sent for the first installation on the others. If there is a problem, contact the Hotline. Wordfast seem very generous about the interpretation of the two computers rule, and they confirmed about two years ago that four installations on two Macs was fine. It is worth making full use of their offer and fully licensing the second computer.
John

Patrick Wahl
Brazil
Portuguese to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's great, John Nov 4, 2016

Thank you very much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2nd License WFP 3 (or 4)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »