Thread poster: Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:06
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Krzysztof, Sep 12, 2016

Do you mean one license serves for both products ? ( WordFast Pro and Classic )

Krzysztof Kajetanowicz wrote:

scallions wrote:

If I need to provide unclean and clean files to another agent, do I need another license for Classic (paying double)?

Having read all your comments, I still do not understand why there are two different products in the first place...

You don't pay double. You can license one and use both.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:06
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Galone Sep 12, 2016

galone_es wrote:
Krzysztof Kajetanowicz wrote in 2010:
You don't pay double. You can license one and use both.

Do you mean one license serves for both products? (WordFast Pro and Classic)

At this time (2016), you have to buy separate licenses for the separate products. If you buy a license for both, then you get a sizeable discount.

Wordfast Classic alone: EUR 400 for a 3-year license
Wordfast Pro alone: EUR 400 for a 3-year license
Wordfast Classic and Pro together (labelled "Studio" on their web site): EUR 500 for a 3-year license
50% discount on any of these amounts if you're on the "poor countries" discount list.
http://www.wordfast.com/buy

The 3-year license includes all upgrades that occur during that period, and AFAIK applies to all versions of the program (but correct me if I'm wrong). So in other words, a license for Wordfast Pro is valid for both version 3 and version 4. A license for Wordfast Classic is valid for all versions 4x, 5x and 6x.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WordFast Classic vs. WordFast Pro

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »