Klaus Lauble  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:27
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Oct 19, 2006

Hi colleagues,
I'm using MultiTerm 7.1 (Build 361) on Windows XP. When switching Source and Target language (Reverse Index Field), the display won't change, i.e. in the case of English-German, the German index entry is always shown first, no matter which of the two languages I set as source or target language. Any ideas what is wrong here?

Thanks,
Klaus

Stefan de Boeck (X)
Stefan de Boeck (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
proper level? Oct 20, 2006

Any idea what is wrong here?

Not really.
Was English entered as an index field?
Was the English term entered at the proper level (term)?
I'd have a look at the termbase definition.
Keep talking.
We're using the same MT version.

Deborah Bonner
Deborah Bonner  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Switching source/target languages in Multiterm 7 Nov 27, 2006

Hello, Klaus and Saitch. I'm having the same problem with Multiterm 7. No matter how I try to tell the program that I want a Spanish-English termbase, it keeps on slipping back into English-Spanish. I've tried both creating a new termbase from scratch and importing one that I'd generated in text form, and it appears to work at first but the minute I start adding terms, they get added backwards. The program keeps on deaulting to EN-ES.
I've seen a lot of faulty programming in SDL Trados sin
... See more
Hello, Klaus and Saitch. I'm having the same problem with Multiterm 7. No matter how I try to tell the program that I want a Spanish-English termbase, it keeps on slipping back into English-Spanish. I've tried both creating a new termbase from scratch and importing one that I'd generated in text form, and it appears to work at first but the minute I start adding terms, they get added backwards. The program keeps on deaulting to EN-ES.
I've seen a lot of faulty programming in SDL Trados since I bought it a few months ago, but this one really takes the cake!
Any suggestions out there?
Thanks in advance
Deborah
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm 7.1: No display change when switching source and target language

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »