Unable to open translation memory after reorg
Thread poster: Vij
Vij
Vij
Local time: 09:36
English
Oct 9, 2006

i am a Trados nocie, so might not be very clear in what i write below.

We have about 15 users who work with file-based translation memory in a LAN. Once in every two months, one of the users opens the TM in exclusive access mode and runs Reorgnisation. The Reorg completes successfully, however the memory does not work/open after that operation. Does not throw any errors.

Solution we apply - restore the application and translation memories from the backup and it starts w
... See more
i am a Trados nocie, so might not be very clear in what i write below.

We have about 15 users who work with file-based translation memory in a LAN. Once in every two months, one of the users opens the TM in exclusive access mode and runs Reorgnisation. The Reorg completes successfully, however the memory does not work/open after that operation. Does not throw any errors.

Solution we apply - restore the application and translation memories from the backup and it starts working fine.

I would like to ask two questions:

1. Is there a limitation to number of users connection to file-based over LAN? Why may otherwise be causes for such a behaviour?

2. would you recommend maintaining server based Translation memory and Client/server model in our case? if yes, why. Please provide with any manuals if you have to support/guide on this.

Thank you if someone can point me somewhere.
Vijay
IAEA, Vienna
Collapse

Stefan de Boeck (X)
Stefan de Boeck (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 09:36
English to Dutch
+ ...
exclusive Oct 10, 2006

Once in every two months, one of the users opens the TM in exclusive access mode and runs Reorgnisation. The Reorg completes successfully, however the memory does not work/open after that operation.

After reorganisation the TM is still open & ready to be used; but this only, I suppose, by the user who's opened it in exclusive access mode.

Try getting out of exclusive access only (open the TM up to all users) after reorganisation.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to open translation memory after reorg

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »