jfabre
jfabre  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 22:10
German to French
+ ...
Aug 2, 2006

Hi erverybody,

I'm trying to import a tmx file created by Across (which I'am trying at the moment) into Trados. Trados does read the TUs and tells me how many TUs it finds. But then says: 0 updated, 0 added. And indeed, the TUs are not imported, just read...

Any suggestions?

Trados version: Translator's Workbench 6.0.0.309
Across version: Across V3.10.16

Tanks in advance.

Robert Tucker (X)
Robert Tucker (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:10
German to English
+ ...
TMX Validator Aug 2, 2006

The last time I heard about Trados not importing a TMX it was because one of the language codes was non-standard (en_UK rather than en_GB or just en).

The Heartsome TMX validator is available for free at:

www.heartsome.org/EN/tmxvalidator.html

and will check language codes and other matters.

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
What version is the TMX file? Aug 2, 2006

The most probable reson is the language codes, so I agree that it's good to veryfy the file first.

I don't have the specs in front of me, but maybe you should check also which TMX varieties your Trados supports, since you're running an oldish version (6.0).

I know that Trados 7.0 can import anything format between TMX 1.0 until TMX 1.4b. Maybe 6.0 won't support the most recent specs, so one alternative would ask your contact with the Across software to save in an older
... See more
The most probable reson is the language codes, so I agree that it's good to veryfy the file first.

I don't have the specs in front of me, but maybe you should check also which TMX varieties your Trados supports, since you're running an oldish version (6.0).

I know that Trados 7.0 can import anything format between TMX 1.0 until TMX 1.4b. Maybe 6.0 won't support the most recent specs, so one alternative would ask your contact with the Across software to save in an older TMX format.

best,

Jan
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Moved the topic... Aug 7, 2006

to SDL Trados Support forum.
Please use this forum for all Trados related questions.

Regards
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing tmx files into Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »