Thread poster: Dusica Cook
Dusica Cook
Dusica Cook
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 23:57
English to Bosnian
+ ...
Jun 24, 2006

OK... rushing as always, but having problems while rushing! Of course - if I didn't need it, I would not have had any problems with it!

The problem:
I started translating, using TRADOS, and it happened with the first translation unit. It gave me the two boxes while translating (green with original and yellow to write in). I did it and when I pressed alt+, to close and go to the next one, it just left the green text - the translated text!

I see no codes (that I am
... See more
OK... rushing as always, but having problems while rushing! Of course - if I didn't need it, I would not have had any problems with it!

The problem:
I started translating, using TRADOS, and it happened with the first translation unit. It gave me the two boxes while translating (green with original and yellow to write in). I did it and when I pressed alt+, to close and go to the next one, it just left the green text - the translated text!

I see no codes (that I am so used to now), no original text (the blue one)... nothing... just the translation!

I guess it is the same as when I had all the tags, two-colour text and the rest, but... I have to ask! I miss my source text! What if I make a mistake and want to find all the source texts related to the mistake?!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

Thanks everyone!
Collapse

Ivana UK
Ivana UK  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:57
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Hi Dusica Jun 24, 2006

On the Word toolbar go to Tools -- Options -- View (and check the "view hidden text" box. This should do the trick!

Ivana

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Display hidden text Jun 24, 2006

Hi Dusica,
This has been covered several times - search this forum for "hidden text".

Make sure the display of all non-printable characters is activated (Tools - Options - Display). This is a standard Word feature.

HTH, Ralf

Dusica Cook
Dusica Cook
Bosnia and Herzegovina
English to Bosnian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks a lot! Jun 24, 2006

i thought it was something like that but was unable to locate it!

thank you both... i solved it!

ps. i knew it must have been somewhere already, but i guess i didn't search well enough!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I have no more source + translated text while working

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »