Thread poster: Nina Khmielnitzky
Nina Khmielnitzky
Nina Khmielnitzky  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:24
Member (2004)
English to French
Jun 7, 2006

(Feel free to repost my message if it's not in the appropriate section)

I'm thinking about taking advantage of the group purchase offer, but I have a few questions.

1-My renewal is only in October. If I buy Trados now and renew my membership, do I loose 4 months?

2-Do I get the CAT tool in form of a CD with all the packaging, just like I would if I bougth a software in store, or do I have to download it?

3-How much space do I need on my compute
... See more
(Feel free to repost my message if it's not in the appropriate section)

I'm thinking about taking advantage of the group purchase offer, but I have a few questions.

1-My renewal is only in October. If I buy Trados now and renew my membership, do I loose 4 months?

2-Do I get the CAT tool in form of a CD with all the packaging, just like I would if I bougth a software in store, or do I have to download it?

3-How much space do I need on my computer? If I change my computer, can I transfer the software to the new one?

Thanks

Nina
Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Existing membership period would be extended by one year Jun 7, 2006

Hi Nina,

Thanks for your interest in this TGB offer.

Nina Khmielnitzky wrote:

The additional year of membership would be added to the end of your existing membership period.

3-How much space do I need on my computer? If I change my computer, can I transfer the software to the new one?

Rather than risk giving you incorrect information, I have passed your questions along to SDL for definitive answers. I will post the answers here soon.

Thanks,

Jason

Nina Khmielnitzky
Canada
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jun 7, 2006

Rather than risk giving you incorrect information, I have passed your questions along to SDL for definitive answers. I will post the answers here soon.

Thanks,

Jason

Thanks, Jason!

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:24
English to French
+ ...
Download Jun 8, 2006

Nina Khmielnitzky wrote:

3-
I change my computer, can I transfer the software to the new one?

[/quote]

Hi Nina,

I have downloaded the software from the Trados store. When I bought my new computer, I simply downloaded the file again and installed it on this new computer, without any problem.

Marie-Claude

Nina Khmielnitzky
Canada
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
What about training Jun 8, 2006

Will I find training and information online about it's use or should I take the training package (although it's a bit pricy)?

Nina

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
SDL via TGB is download only, but material packs are available Jun 8, 2006

Hi Nina,

Nina Khmielnitzky wrote:

The CAT tool is distributed by download from SDL. "Material packs" with physical CDs and documentation can be bought separately from SDL for around $50.

3-How much space do I need on my computer?

The size of the download is 286MB.

If I change my computer, can I transfer the software to the new one?

You can download two copies of the software. If your computer crashes or you need another copy for some reason, please contact the SDL Trados customer service team.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jason

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question about the group purchase offer for Trados/SDL & renewal

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »