Thread poster: susanna b
susanna b
susanna b
Local time: 18:42
Hungarian to English
+ ...
May 25, 2006

Hi,

Could someone please help me, I am having trouble with my Trados- whenever I put the translation in the yellow box and close the segment, the source segment fails to disappear (as it does normally). It has done this before but got restored when I had to change the normal.dot in Word. Unfortunately, I cannot remember exactly what I did then... Your help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This is not a bug, but a feature May 25, 2006

First, I´ve moved the topic to SDL Trados Support forum, which you may please use in the future for all questions concerning SDL Trados.

To your "problem": what happens is, that hidden text is displayed. It is highly recommended to work with hidden text displayed, as otherwise the possibility of damaging your own work is very high. On top, when you don´t show hidden text you will not see index entries and a lot of other things in Word. When you work with Trados the default setting
... See more
First, I´ve moved the topic to SDL Trados Support forum, which you may please use in the future for all questions concerning SDL Trados.

To your "problem": what happens is, that hidden text is displayed. It is highly recommended to work with hidden text displayed, as otherwise the possibility of damaging your own work is very high. On top, when you don´t show hidden text you will not see index entries and a lot of other things in Word. When you work with Trados the default setting is "hidden text on", and that´s why it appears now after you recreated your Normal.dot.

To hide it again (I recommend NOT to do so!) go to Tools, Options, View and unselect the check box for hidden text. In this way you can twek what Word shall show you an what should it hide.

HTH
Jerzy
Collapse

susanna b
susanna b
Hungarian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
hidden text May 25, 2006

Thank you for your prompt response.
I have used the other forum because that is what came up when I searched the net for a possible solution. I shall try to direct my SDL-related questions to the right forum next time though.
I understand why it is recommended to have the hidden text displayed, and I do prefer having it displayed once I've finished the first 'rough' translation, and am ready to check and correct it etc., but during the translation process I find it more transparent
... See more
Thank you for your prompt response.
I have used the other forum because that is what came up when I searched the net for a possible solution. I shall try to direct my SDL-related questions to the right forum next time though.
I understand why it is recommended to have the hidden text displayed, and I do prefer having it displayed once I've finished the first 'rough' translation, and am ready to check and correct it etc., but during the translation process I find it more transparent with the original text hidden.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS 6.5 - source segment stays

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »