Laure Delpech
Laure Delpech  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:55
Member (2004)
English to French
Apr 28, 2005

Hi,

I read with interest what Ralf wrote in www.proz.com/topic/17398, because I have never managed to use the French spell checker in Tageditor and, apparently, I'm not the only one.

I went to Tools > Plug-ins. "Spelling Checkers" is ticked and there is a circle with a dot inside it next to "Word spelling checkers". But if I select "Word spelling checkers" and click on "Propert
... See more
Hi,

I read with interest what Ralf wrote in www.proz.com/topic/17398, because I have never managed to use the French spell checker in Tageditor and, apparently, I'm not the only one.

I went to Tools > Plug-ins. "Spelling Checkers" is ticked and there is a circle with a dot inside it next to "Word spelling checkers". But if I select "Word spelling checkers" and click on "Properties", I get the message "This plug-in does not support property pages". I have left Word 2002 open (as it seems important to do so in order for Tageditor to access the spellchecker in Word).

And I can't see any WinterTree.

I use Tageditor 6.5.5.438. I would be grateful for suggestions.

Cheers,
Laure
Collapse

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 00:55
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Thanks for bringing this up Apr 28, 2005

I use WinXP, Word XP and Trados FL 6.5.5.438. I too have yet to access spell-checke in French in Trados.

Nancy

valfrhg
valfrhg
Local time: 00:55
English to French
+ ...
More TagEditor Problems in French May 4, 2005

Hi,

Not only can’t I use the spell-checker in Tag Editor, but my French accents won’t even print. I get completely unaccented text in French in TagEditor. Not that it actually matters since, given the fact that the French spell-checker is unavailable, I ultimately can’t use TagEditor but just in case the spell-checker issue gets solved it would be good to know how to print accents.

I’m using a US
... See more
Hi,

Not only can’t I use the spell-checker in Tag Editor, but my French accents won’t even print. I get completely unaccented text in French in TagEditor. Not that it actually matters since, given the fact that the French spell-checker is unavailable, I ultimately can’t use TagEditor but just in case the spell-checker issue gets solved it would be good to know how to print accents.

I’m using a US keyboard and a US operating system, but I don’t have any problems printing French accents with Workbench in Word. Maybe I should also mention I use shortcuts, not codes, to print accents (eg. ctrl, apostrophe, e to print an e with an acute accent, etc.).

Thanks in adavance to anyone who might help me.

Val
Collapse

Pablo Grosschmid
Pablo Grosschmid  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Same problem solved May 15, 2005

Hi, Laure, had the same problem with WinterTree plug-in

For 5.6, see

support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1111

for 6.5, see

support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1475

Laure Delpech
France
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much, Pablo May 16, 2005

Pablo Grosschmid wrote:

for 6.5, see

support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1475

I've just followed the above method and, afterwards, could select my Word custom dictionary. I can spellcheck directly in Tageditor (instead of copying and pasting from Tageditor into Word, spellcheck in Word and correcting in Tageditor).
Wonderful!

Laure

Laure Delpech
France
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
The registry has to be run for every single new file open Jul 21, 2005

I have sent the following message to Trados:

"It would be helpful to sort out the French dictionary problem. I have started a topic about it on www.proz.com/topic/31809 and was sent to your page support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1475. This does solve the problem but, unfortunately, the Register has to be run for every single new file open. Not only this is time consuming, but I might forget t
... See more
I have sent the following message to Trados:

"It would be helpful to sort out the French dictionary problem. I have started a topic about it on www.proz.com/topic/31809 and was sent to your page support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1475. This does solve the problem but, unfortunately, the Register has to be run for every single new file open. Not only this is time consuming, but I might forget to run it and thereby miss spelling mistakes. If you sort this out, please let me know."
Collapse

Pedro Andrade
Pedro Andrade  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 05:55
English to Portuguese
Spelling checker issues Aug 9, 2005

Hi.

I also couldn't access the spell-checker functionality in Portuguese, but I solved it just by activating the Windows 2000 compatibility mode for TagEditor.exe. I already had to do this for the workbench in order to make it connect to termbases.

Windows 2000 compatibility mode has been my recipe of success for solving all Trados problems (both for versions 6.5 and 7).

Regards to all.

Klaus Lauble
Klaus Lauble  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
What is Windows 2000 compatibility mode? Feb 1, 2006

Hi Pedro,

What is this Windows 2000 compatibility mode, and where do you activate it?

You would help me so much. I'm desperate about this never ending story. I have been trying more or less in vain to use the German Word spellchecker with TagEditor 6.5 and Word 2000. I use Windows XP though, so this will maybe not work...

Anyway, thanks in advance and best regards
Klaus

Pedro Andrade wrote:

...I solved it just by activating the Windows 2000 compatibility mode for TagEditor.exe.... ...Windows 2000 compatibility mode has been my recipe of success for solving all Trados problems (both for versions 6.5 and 7).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

French spellchecker in Tageditor

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »