Should I buy TO3000 or Projetex if I translate 'privately' as well as run a translation agency?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 16:09
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 11, 2010

Should I buy TO3000 or Projetex if I translate 'privately' as well as run a translation agency?

I finished a translation project a time ago with my two Chinese colleagues where we had five Chinese translators working for us. Now, for future translation projects we would need some software for adminstration and bookkeeping. So we wonder if Projetex could be an alternative for us?

What features are included in Projetex? The most important is that we can do bookkeeping in
... See more

I finished a translation project a time ago with my two Chinese colleagues where we had five Chinese translators working for us. Now, for future translation projects we would need some software for adminstration and bookkeeping. So we wonder if Projetex could be an alternative for us?

What features are included in Projetex? The most important is that we can do bookkeeping in multiple currencies (we will receive payments mostly in EUR, USD and GBP), make up the balance-sheets as well as handle other economical tasks as invoicing etc. Can we do these tasks with Projetex?

Finally, as I also myself work 'privately' with translations (aside from our common translation agency), I would need also to do bookkeeping and make up the balance-sheets for my own translations. Would this be possible to do also with Projetex, to separate the two businesses (my own business and my joint-venture)? Or would I need to purchase TO3000 separately for this?

Is everything in TO3000 included in Projetex? Or are there features that are available only in TO3000?
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 16:09
English to Czech
+ ...
Projetex will be your choice Aug 11, 2010

Hello Fredrik,
I am a freelancer and a PM for a team of freelancers at the same time, so my position is very similar to yours.

TO3000 is in fact an abridged version of Projetex, but it is not intended for outsourcing jobs. That's what Projetex is for. And after three years, I can confirm that it is perfectly functional and time-saving.

HTH.

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:09
Spanish to English
+ ...
TO3000 translator group buy Aug 11, 2010

ProZ.com is currently conducting a translator group buy (TGB) for TO3000 at a discount off the normal price - visit http://www.proz.com/tgb to sign up for this group buy.

Regards,

Drew

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »