Thread poster: Carmen Cuervo-Arango
Carmen Cuervo-Arango
Carmen Cuervo-Arango  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:40
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 5, 2013

This is quite obvious, but I am inserting here the kind of E-mail they are sending (with a beautiful and long text to be translated, no matter which your rate is) and what I found about them:

De: Milfer Tit [mailto:[email protected]]
Enviado el: lunes, 01 de abril de 2013 22:04
Para: [email protected]
Asunto: Enquiry

Hola,
Mi nombre es Fred y yo soy de el Reino Unido. M
... See more
This is quite obvious, but I am inserting here the kind of E-mail they are sending (with a beautiful and long text to be translated, no matter which your rate is) and what I found about them:

De: Milfer Tit [mailto:[email protected]]
Enviado el: lunes, 01 de abril de 2013 22:04
Para: [email protected]
Asunto: Enquiry

Hola,
Mi nombre es Fred y yo soy de el Reino Unido. Mis clientes necesitan personas de confianza que se traduzcan algún documento por lo tanto, necesitamos traductores eficientes que sean capaces de traducir los documentos para mi organización.

A continuación se presentan los detalles:

Tema: Gestión de conflictos u otros
Fecha de regreso: 30 de junio 2013
Forma de pago: cheque de caja segura
Idioma del documento: Inglés
Langauge para ser traducido a: ESPAÑOL

Nota: si no se puede traducir el documento a los idiomas indicados, Espero su consejo sobre los idiomas que usted puede hacer para que yo aconsejo a mis clientes.

No volver a mí tan pronto como sea posible y quiero saber si usted es capaz de traducirlo.
Una vez que reciba su correo electrónico voy a enviar los documentos a usted.
Saludos

Hello,
My name is Fred and I am from the UK. My clIents need reliable persons that will translate some document therefore, We need efficient translators that are capable of translating the documents for my organisation.

Below are the details:

Subject: Conflict Management or others
Return date: 30 june , 2013
Mode of payment: secure cashier cheque
Language of document : English
Langauge to be translated to : SPANISH

Note: Please if you cannot translate the document to the stated languages, Please advise me on the languages that you can do so that I will advise my clients.

Do get back to me as soon as possible and let me know if you are capable to translate it.
Once I recieve your email i will send the documents to you.
Regards
+++++++++++
They sent me this this beautiful 45,000 words text, I sent my quotarion and it got confirmed very quickly

++++++++++++++++++

De: Harry Davidson [mailto:[email protected]]
Enviado el: viernes, 05 de abril de 2013 12:50
Para: Ablines-Carmen Cuervo-Arango
Asunto: Confirmation

Hola,

Mis clientes a visitar su lugar para un taller / seminario, así que también me gustaría informarle también, que estamos recibiendo un patrocinio directo al extranjero y al igual que todo lo relacionado con el pago de liquidación antes de venir al taller.

Como indiqué en mi primer correo electrónico, pago vendrá a ti en forma de cheque certificado por una empresa en la cantidad de 10.000 €, y tan pronto como reciba el cheque, lo depositará en su cuenta bancaria. Una vez que el dinero está en su cuenta, usted tiene que deducir el costo de su servicio de 4.059,45 €. (incluyendo los gastos bancarios, impuestos, seguros, etc) y esperar para obtener instrucciones sobre cómo utilizar el saldo que es para todo el transporte y la logística, comidas y gastos de los huéspedes. También los gastos bancarios de cobrar el cheque se incluirá en el importe total en el cheque.

Por favor, sea tan amable de confirmar esto y volver a mí tan pronto como sea posible y me proporcione la información seguidores de pago:

(1) Su nombre completo (nombre en el cheque)
(2) Dirección (para la entrega de cheque)
(3) Código Postal
(4) Campo
(5) números de teléfono móvil
(6) Casa números de teléfono
gracias

Hello,

My clients will be visiting your place for a workshop/seminar so I will also like to inform you as well, that we are getting a direct sponsorship abroad and will like everything regarding payment to be settled before we come over for the workshop.

As stated in my first email, Payment will come to you in form of a certified company's Cheque in the amount of £10,000 and as soon as you get the cheque, you will deposit it in your bank account. Once the money is in your account you have to deduct the cost of your service 4.059,45 €. (including bank charges, taxes, insurance etc) and wait for instructions on how to use the balance which is meant for all transportation and logistics, meals and expenses of the Guests. Also the bank charges for cashing the cheque will be included in the total amount in the cheque.

Please be so kind to confirm this and get back to me as soon as possible and provide me with the followings information for payment:

(1) YOUR FULL NAME (name on cheque)
(2)ADDRESS (for cheque delivery)
(3) Postcode
(4) Country
(5) Mobile PHONE NUMBERS
(6) House phone numbers
Thanks

++++++++++

As this was "fishy", I asked them about their details, and this is the answer:

De: Harry Davidson [mailto:[email protected]]
Enviado el: viernes, 05 de abril de 2013 13:43
Para: Ablines-Carmen Cuervo-Arango
Asunto: RE: Confirmation

Hello,
Please send the invoice by email but below is the address:
PTROVAL GLOBAL UK
Address: 3 Old Church Road,
Cardiff,
South Glamorgan,
CF14 1AE.
UK
Thanks

++++++++

Then I looked for "PTROVAL GLOBAL UK" and this is what I found: http://community.betfair.com/chit_chat/go/thread/view/94038/29763017/scammer-wants-to-buy-my-car-but

It is easy to detect, but I thought it was better to post it here.

Enjoy the weekend!

Carmen
Collapse

Marta Molina
Marta Molina  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:40
English to Spanish
+ ...
Harry Davidson a.k.a. FRED Apr 7, 2013

I was just going to post the same, thanks for the alert Carmen! I was astonished how far he was willing to continue giving responses as if I were really going to accept it!

Enjoy your weekend!

Marta

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scammers Harry Davidson & Milfer Tit

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »