Thread poster: Yasdnil1
Yasdnil1
Yasdnil1  Identity Verified
Dominican Republic
Local time: 12:29
German to English
+ ...
Mar 21, 2013

Last year I posted about receiving a number of fake CVs. It turned out to be someone in Gaza. Languagemet looks like the same idiot(s) again.

But frankly ANYONE who works with someone with such an appalling website is asking to be scammed. Typos, misalignments, bits missing. A clear signal that this is a scammer with low skills. Luckily, as it makes them easy to detect.

Stay away from them.

Lindsay Gasser

Benedetta Monti
Benedetta Monti
Italy
Local time: 18:29
English to Italian
+ ...
You are right... Mar 21, 2013

Hi Lindsay,

I have received an email from them. They wanted me to translate a long medical document from EN to ITA, before to accept the assignment I checked the web and Proz Forum about the agency and it turned out that they are also bad payers.

I answered them that I could not accept the job because of their low profile all over the web. They have answered me, telling me that it wasn't true, that can send me a LONG list of translators who have worked for them and had
... See more
Hi Lindsay,

I have received an email from them. They wanted me to translate a long medical document from EN to ITA, before to accept the assignment I checked the web and Proz Forum about the agency and it turned out that they are also bad payers.

I answered them that I could not accept the job because of their low profile all over the web. They have answered me, telling me that it wasn't true, that can send me a LONG list of translators who have worked for them and had no problems. But I am still waiting for this "famous" list.

I think that before to agree to work for a translation agency which "sound" strange, we should make a research on Proz and this Forum, just to have an idea on it.

If you search here, you'll find a lot of people who had been tricked by this agency.

Benedetta
Collapse

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:29
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
No doubt. Mar 22, 2013

Conducting a thorough research on ProZ.com and the web is mandatory before accepting work from an unknown agency/client.

And you are both right, their website looks so unprofessional, and their record (e.g. BB) is anything but "encouraging".

@ Benedetta, of course they didn't send you that long list of "respectable" translators. It takes time to "create" one.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Languagemet looks like the same old scam

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »