Known Scam
Thread poster: Cclaire
Cclaire
Cclaire
Local time: 22:54
English to French
Feb 28, 2013

Hello everyone !

I found a translation job offer on a website about food demand of a global population, it's about 6000 words.

The address is : [email protected]
They will tell you he's having health problems, and he's working for a client, who is going to send you a check you can cash before sending the translation back. And then :

Hello Claire,

How are you doing today?... See more
Hello everyone !

I found a translation job offer on a website about food demand of a global population, it's about 6000 words.

The address is : [email protected]
They will tell you he's having health problems, and he's working for a client, who is going to send you a check you can cash before sending the translation back. And then :

Hello Claire,

How are you doing today? i am feeling better today.I just got an email from my client saying the payment had been sent.I email him your information,telling him to send your full payment. But there was a mistake as my client purchase a money order check payment of euro 3000 of the money he owe me on your name which include some of my medical surgery and traveling agent fees to you. I don't think there is anything to worry about for the trust i have in you, you will keep your full payment for the translation and send the excess funds. Please watch out for the payment and let me know when you receive it.

Thanks for your understanding and i hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regard

Be carefull!!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Known Scam

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »