Thread poster: Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:55
German to English
+ ...
Feb 26, 2013

I received the following email yesterday (I've replaced his/her name with ***) and I would be very surprised if it were genuine. (Also, note that he is "locking forward" to hearing from me!)
This email does not give a company name, address or phone number and is from a gmail account.

------------ begin quoted mail ---------------
Dear freelancer,

I’m a project manager and I am looking for freelancer translators who can translate English to German and vice
... See more
I received the following email yesterday (I've replaced his/her name with ***) and I would be very surprised if it were genuine. (Also, note that he is "locking forward" to hearing from me!)
This email does not give a company name, address or phone number and is from a gmail account.

------------ begin quoted mail ---------------
Dear freelancer,

I’m a project manager and I am looking for freelancer translators who can translate English to German and vice versa. Freelancers must have the following qualifications.

1- Can finish the project within the agreed upon period

2- Have an experience of at least one year.

We are searching for the best to collaborate with us now and in the future. If you are interested please send your CV and cover letter to ***@gmail.com

Locking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

------------ end of quoted email ----------------
My email address, to which this email was sent, was probably obtained from the CV that I have uploaded to ProZ, as email sent directly via my ProZ profile is sent to a slightly different email address.

This is a point to think about: if you own a domain name, such as "mydomain.com", you can then do something like the following:
and then, when you receive emails to these different addresses, the actual email address used may give you some useful information.

Oliver
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Probably another one

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »