Scammer sends emails stating that our agency Workforce Language Services "is a cheating company"
Thread poster: Talent Success
Talent Success
Talent Success
United States
Local time: 14:41
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 30, 2011

As Founder & President of Workforce Language Services, I want to sincerely apologize to those that received an email with this subject from the fake/scam translation agency responsible for the Linguistico scam, as well as many others over the last few years.

Since discovering that the proofreader we hired was behind these scams, we decided to withhold payment to him and pay the real proofreaders he outsourced to - whom he had no intention of paying. As a result, he has sent an emai
... See more
As Founder & President of Workforce Language Services, I want to sincerely apologize to those that received an email with this subject from the fake/scam translation agency responsible for the Linguistico scam, as well as many others over the last few years.

Since discovering that the proofreader we hired was behind these scams, we decided to withhold payment to him and pay the real proofreaders he outsourced to - whom he had no intention of paying. As a result, he has sent an email with this title ("translation" spelled incorrectly) to hundreds of translation agencies in an effort to destroy our reputation. He has now emailed my previous employers and those of my project manager with similarly defamatory emails, and as icing on the cake, he has expressed his sincere wish that my parents, my husband and my child are afflicted with cancer.

More details are available at this blog post: http://workforcelanguageservices.com/blog/2011/01/29/response-to-fraudulent-claims-an-american-transalation-agency-workforce-language-services/.

I hope that we can work together to ensure that such unethical people and practices are ostracized from the translation community.

Jill K. Bishop, PhD
Founder & President, Workforce Language Services

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2011-01-31 16:33 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scammer sends emails stating that our agency Workforce Language Services "is a cheating company"

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »