Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:26
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Nov 15, 2023

Hi
After having critized Kilgrays upgrade policy, but having to choose among all the CAT tools I’m currently working with, my choice went to MemoQ, and I decided to bite the bullet and to reactivate my subscription, that is, renew my SMA which expired on June 18, 2022.

I sent a mail to Contact asking how to proceed to reactivate my subscription, but all I get is a standard answer:

„Thank you for contacting support. Unfortunately, your Support and Maintenance A
... See more
Hi
After having critized Kilgrays upgrade policy, but having to choose among all the CAT tools I’m currently working with, my choice went to MemoQ, and I decided to bite the bullet and to reactivate my subscription, that is, renew my SMA which expired on June 18, 2022.

I sent a mail to Contact asking how to proceed to reactivate my subscription, but all I get is a standard answer:

„Thank you for contacting support. Unfortunately, your Support and Maintenance Agreement (SMA) has already expired, which means that you are not eligible to use new versions of memoQ with new and improved features or to receive comprehensive help from our technical support team. While all the customer queries and tickets are seen by our support engineers, without a valid SMA coverage, they can only assist you with licensing or installation related queries (like extension resets or providing installer packages for older versions of memoQ). If this is the case, a support engineer will get back to you shortly.
If you wish to have the full services of our technical support team at your disposal, you need to have a valid SMA coverage. When you extend your SMA, your new SMA starts when the previous SMA expired (i.e., if your first-year SMA expires on March 31, 2022, your second year will start on April 1, 2023 – no matter when you actually extend your SMA).“

But when going to https://my.memoq.com/licenses and opening my account and clicking on Renew SMA, I’m linked to the page https://my.memoq.com/renew-sma?serial=XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX and the pop-up „Loading Please wait“ keeps on turning and turning and turning ...
I reported this to Support but never got a decent answer about what to do here.

Does anybody know?
I hope some human being at Kilgray reads this and can help.
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 16:26
Danish to English
+ ...
Link Nov 15, 2023

In my last renewal mail, it said I could write to sales (at) memoq.com in case of problems. Have you tried that?

The link below does work in my case. Are you sure the serial number is correct? (It should be if you are logged in.)

https://my.memoq.com/renew-sma?serial=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX#sma

If they don't reply at the sales addres
... See more
In my last renewal mail, it said I could write to sales (at) memoq.com in case of problems. Have you tried that?

The link below does work in my case. Are you sure the serial number is correct? (It should be if you are logged in.)

If they don't reply at the sales address, I know someone I can contact, but it would be better to try the official channels first.

They are not called Kilgray any more, by the way. The name was officially changed to memoQ some years ago.
Collapse

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Thomas Nov 15, 2023

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

If they don't reply at the sales address, I know someone I can contact, but it would be better to try the official channels first.

They are not called Kilgray any more, by the way. The name was officially changed to memoQ some years ago.

Yes, the replies I got to my request came from [email protected]. But their help just stopped there with that standard answer. I answered to that but never got any further.

Yes, the serial no. is correct.
I deactivated Ad Blockers, tried both on the Mac and the Windows side, but the wheel keeps turning and turning hours on end.

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Contact Nov 15, 2023

Let me try my contact. This is obviously not an acceptable service. I'll refer them to this page, where they can contact you.

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much, Thomas Nov 15, 2023

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Let me try my contact. This is obviously not an acceptable service. I'll refer them to this page, where they can contact you.

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Thomas Nov 17, 2023

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Thanks for establishing contact with MemoQ support. We sorted it out with Viktor.

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
You're welcome Nov 17, 2023

Glad they fixed it, but it shouldn't be necessary to use a backdoor just to renew a licence.

In any case, there have been many improvements since your licence expired, so I hope it was worth it.

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not yet done with reactivation Jan 19

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

In any case, there have been many improvements since your licence expired, so I hope it was worth it.

Can you please point me to a page where those many improvements are mentioned. I still have some time before the reactivation option expires.

TIA

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Info on each new version Jan 19

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Can you please point me to a page where those many improvements are mentioned. I still have some time before the reactivation option expires.

TIA

https://www.memoq.com/downloads

Thomas T. Frost

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Michael Jan 19

Michael Beijer wrote:

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

TIA

https://www.memoq.com/downloads

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Interesting Jan 19

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

After having critized Kilgrays upgrade policy, but having to choose among all the CAT tools I’m currently working with, my choice went to MemoQ

If you have five minutes, I’d appreciate to read what makes memoQ the best tool for you.

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Best tool? Jan 20

Hans Lenting wrote:

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

After having critized Kilgrays upgrade policy, but having to choose among all the CAT tools I’m currently working with, my choice went to MemoQ

If you have five minutes, I’d appreciate to read what makes memoQ the best tool for you.

Can't remember having said that it's the best CAT for me. I just have to choose the best option among several CATs to keep as second tool together with Cafetran.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reactivate subscription

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »