Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 21:05
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jul 11, 2021

Version: memoQ 9.8.6

Is there a way to assign different match priorities to different TMs. For example, in Studio, we can assign a higher penalty to a TM to reduced its priority. Is it possible to do something similar in memoQ?

Thanks.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:05
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TM settings Jul 11, 2021

Of course! You can set your own penalties by creating your TM settings: in your project > Settings > look for the TM Settings and create your own settings. There, you can set penalties (in percentage) for your memories by their name, and/or penalties by segment creator if you wish.

Here, an example assigning several penalties by segment creators:
Captura de pantalla 2021-07-11 181612

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Ooh Jul 11, 2021

Nice! I had no idea you could actually set an untrustworthiness level for other users.

What an excellent idea!

Alaa Zeineldine
Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 21:05
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TM settings Jul 11, 2021

Thanks a lot Tomas. I found it under project home>settings>TM settings

The interesting thing is that under "TM penalties', it allows you to add a TM by name, but doesn't verify that this TM actually exists, it just relies on the user entering the name correctly. I would have expected reaching TM settings by right-clicking on the required TM in the TM list.

Anyway, if this works, then this is what I needed. Thanks again!

[Edited at 2021-07-11 20:01
... See more
Thanks a lot Tomas. I found it under project home>settings>TM settings

The interesting thing is that under "TM penalties', it allows you to add a TM by name, but doesn't verify that this TM actually exists, it just relies on the user entering the name correctly. I would have expected reaching TM settings by right-clicking on the required TM in the TM list.

Anyway, if this works, then this is what I needed. Thanks again!

[Edited at 2021-07-11 20:01 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change TM priorities

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »