Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
オランダ
Local time: 22:11
2006に入会
英語 から アフリカーンス語
+ ...
Jul 4, 2021

Hello everyone

My client doesn't want there to be inconsistent translations (as per the quality check report). This means that I must copy & paste one of each duplication into the target fields of all other instances of that repetitions. Is there a quick way to do this?

Well, it would be nice if MemoQ's list of QA issues can sort the results of locked segments first, so that I can then just copy & paste their translations into the unlocked ones. Is there such an opti
... See more
Hello everyone

My client doesn't want there to be inconsistent translations (as per the quality check report). This means that I must copy & paste one of each duplication into the target fields of all other instances of that repetitions. Is there a quick way to do this?

Well, it would be nice if MemoQ's list of QA issues can sort the results of locked segments first, so that I can then just copy & paste their translations into the unlocked ones. Is there such an option, i.e. to tell MemoQ to put locked segments first in each group of inconsistent translations? And, is there a way to tell MemoQ to just copy those translations into the other segments, without having to do this one by one manually?

The client doesn't care about whether it is actually sensible for there to be multiple translations of a single source text. The client is a believer in the QA report. The QA report says that some segments were translated inconsistently, and I must fix that, no questions asked, no intelligence used. Surely there must be a quick way for me to get MemoQ to just propagate these translations over each other?

Samuel
Collapse

Narcis Lozano Drago
Narcis Lozano Drago  Identity Verified
スペイン
Local time: 22:11
2007に入会
英語 から スペイン語
+ ...
Auto-propagation Jul 5, 2021

Just turn on Auto-propagation (Translation tab, Translation Settings, check Allow auto-propagation, check Propagate backward and forward
check Overwrite confirmed segments).

If you use this, there will be no inconsistencies in the first place (especially since your client does not care about whether the
translation is correct in context or not.)

And if you have to do this after finishing the translation, just click on the Inconsistency error in the QA re
... See more
Just turn on Auto-propagation (Translation tab, Translation Settings, check Allow auto-propagation, check Propagate backward and forward
check Overwrite confirmed segments).

If you use this, there will be no inconsistencies in the first place (especially since your client does not care about whether the
translation is correct in context or not.)

And if you have to do this after finishing the translation, just click on the Inconsistency error in the QA report.
This will send you to the segment in question, where you can just confirm the segment to auto-propagate to
all the instances. Rinse and repeat.

Cheers,

Narcis
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to smooth out inconsistent translations

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »