Assigning a colleague access to launched MemoQ projects in the MemoQ Web client
Thread poster: Shawn Connelly
Jun 25, 2021

Greetings all,

I am experiencing difficulty with setting up a new user (internal employee) with the ability to view and edit translations for any uploaded and launched project in the MemoQ cloud.

When this employee logs into MemoQ, they cannot see any of the projects. Ideally, I want this employee to see any project that I launch for our external (3rd party) translators. I attempted to add this employee to the 3rd party translator user group, the response from MemoQ we
... See more
Greetings all,

I am experiencing difficulty with setting up a new user (internal employee) with the ability to view and edit translations for any uploaded and launched project in the MemoQ cloud.

When this employee logs into MemoQ, they cannot see any of the projects. Ideally, I want this employee to see any project that I launch for our external (3rd party) translators. I attempted to add this employee to the 3rd party translator user group, the response from MemoQ web was, "Add user to subvendor group - You are about to add a user to a subvendor group. This will remove the user from all other groups. Continue?", but after clicking Continue, nothing happened, and the user does not get added to the group.

If I add this user to the admin group, they are able to see the project, but I'd rather do give this user full admin access if possible.

What must I do to allow this user to access any launched project?

Thank you
Collapse

Nadia Silva Castro
Nadia Silva Castro
United States
English to German
+ ...
Try using the Desktop version Jun 25, 2021

Maybe you need to use the Desktop version, I found this on their website, not sure if this is related to your issue:

No subvendor access: Members of subvendor groups cannot use memoQWebTrans.
(https://docs.memoq.com/9-0/en/memoQWeb-help/mqw-webtrans.html)

Shawn Connelly
Shawn Connelly
Canada
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jun 25, 2021

Nadia Silva Castro wrote:

Maybe you need to use the Desktop version, I found this on their website, not sure if this is related to your issue:

Thank you again Nadia.

Unfortunately, the user doesn't have access to a Windows computer.

Shawn Connelly
Shawn Connelly
Canada
TOPIC STARTER
Add user to a project Jun 25, 2021

I figured out how to assign a colleague to a project.

From MemoQ web...

1. Open the project
2. Go to the People tab
3. Under Permissions, click on Add users.
4. Add new user and assign their appropriate roles (translator and/or reviewer)

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Make him go buy one Jun 26, 2021

$499, problem solved

Shawn Connelly wrote:

Nadia Silva Castro wrote:

Thank you again Nadia.

Unfortunately, the user doesn't have access to a Windows computer.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Assigning a colleague access to launched MemoQ projects in the MemoQ Web client

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »