Thread poster: Viktoria Gimbe
Mira Stepanovic
Mira Stepanovic  Identity Verified
Serbia
Local time: 20:29
English to Serbian
+ ...
After sinking carefully... Dec 5, 2006

I also find Anne's suggestion to be the best one . ILMAO!

Mira

MurielP (X)
MurielP (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:29
French to English
+ ...
Thanks Dec 5, 2006

Thanks Victoria for starting this thread and to the others with great videos

A much needed break this morning and thoroughly enjoyed it
))

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:29
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This is fun! Dec 5, 2006

Thank you for sharing your videos!

I found the one about subtitles hilarious!

The clip of the song "Can you feel the love tonight" was great - I tried to visualize people in the movie threatres of each country and it was a nice trip around the world. I liked hearing the Hungarian lines - I am Hungarian and I never get to watch anything in Hungarian as I'm in Canada. But why do the Finns at the end sound like they're drunk out of their trees?...
See more
Thank you for sharing your videos!

I found the one about subtitles hilarious!

The clip of the song "Can you feel the love tonight" was great - I tried to visualize people in the movie threatres of each country and it was a nice trip around the world. I liked hearing the Hungarian lines - I am Hungarian and I never get to watch anything in Hungarian as I'm in Canada. But why do the Finns at the end sound like they're drunk out of their trees?

And the Berlitz ad is smart. I also like the Schwarzenegger accent of the clerk. Yes, they (Germans) do have that kind of accent (when they actually have an accent) - Schwarzenegger is NOT just pretending. I find their accent adorable, just like I love the accent of anglophones speaking French.

I hope we will get more videos in this thread. Also, if you have pictures or other kinds of media, please do post. These make for nice breaks in a day of work!
Collapse

lingomania
lingomania
Local time: 04:29
Italian to English
Indeed Apr 21, 2007

Viktoria Gimbe wrote:

I thought this was going to console me in working at home... Not what I expected, but here it is anyways: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1z2aTcumlY

WARNING: this is a banned commercial.

By the way, if anybody has a video to share that is funny and is related to translation, freelancing, etc., please do post it. It can be a little boost after 10 hours of work...

That's what I like about working at home!!!!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The dangers of working at home

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »