Réka Stüber
Réka Stüber  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:13
German to Hungarian
+ ...
Feb 8, 2022

Hi all,
I am just starting out "officially" after having left an academic career path for family reasons and I'm not sure how I could include/ specify my translation experience on my CV. It was a regular part of my job in research and university education (I was a prae doc uni assistant for about a decade in a philological/historical field) and I had explicitly translation/proofreading related gigs in between as well, but irregularly. However, my job description didn't specifically include
... See more
Hi all,
I am just starting out "officially" after having left an academic career path for family reasons and I'm not sure how I could include/ specify my translation experience on my CV. It was a regular part of my job in research and university education (I was a prae doc uni assistant for about a decade in a philological/historical field) and I had explicitly translation/proofreading related gigs in between as well, but irregularly. However, my job description didn't specifically include anything like translation, and some of my projects I did on the side are confidential, so I can't really put them on a CV either.
I'd appreciate any ideas on how to go about this, because evidently, I would like to share my experience with prospective clients.

As for my formal qualifications, I have a Magister (equivalen to an MA) in linguistic and philological subjects and have been working on multilingualism and historical translations for a very long time as a phd project (I had to kind of give that up as my advisor passed away); also, currently I am pursuing a translation degree too, so that I should have a formal qualification in a few years so that I can get certified for community translation/interpreting, but that's for the future.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CV question - Translation experience, but in educational settings

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »