How do I \'send\' a site to someone else to be translated?
论题张贴者: María del Carmen Cerda
María del Carmen Cerda
María del Carmen Cerda
Local time: 14:13
English英语译成Spanish西班牙语
Dec 18, 2002

A friend has asked me to send him my Web site to translate it into another language, would someone please tell me how one can send a site to somebody else?

Michael Tovbin
Michael Tovbin  Identity Verified
美国
Local time: 15:13
正式会员 (自2006)
Russian俄语译成English英语
+ ...
just individual files Dec 18, 2002

If the site is already online the easiest thing would be to go to it, open the HTML source files by clicking on View : (Page) Source, and translating those.

Alternatively, a Web site is just a collection of text files stored in a directory on a Web server. Those files are mostly text and graphics. These are the files you need to send.

Hope that helps

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)
Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)  Identity Verified
English英语译成French法语
+ ...
They can extract it using CatsCradle Dec 18, 2002

Good morning and \"Welcome to Proz!\",

The person can download and install (freeware) the program CatsCradle.

Once this is installed, just give him/her the URL for your site (which I gather they have already) and using Catscradle he/she can extract the site, translate it within the tool (even view how it will look) and give you back the site fully translated.

Here is the URL for this
... See more
Good morning and \"Welcome to Proz!\",

The person can download and install (freeware) the program CatsCradle.

Once this is installed, just give him/her the URL for your site (which I gather they have already) and using Catscradle he/she can extract the site, translate it within the tool (even view how it will look) and give you back the site fully translated.

Here is the URL for this software:

http://www.stormdance.freeserve.co.uk/frameset.htm

(Fast and easy to use web page editor for professional language translators. Translate whole web-sites without having to worry about page layouts and HTML code)

I hope this will help you!

Have a wonderful day

Nath
Collapse

Erika Pavelka (X)
Erika Pavelka (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:13
French法语译成English英语
Are the files on your computer? Dec 18, 2002

As with any Web site translation, it\'s best if the client (in this case, you ) sends all the files to the translator. It\'s not the translator\'s responsibility to download the files. There\'s too much room for error with this method.

Do you have the individual page files on your computer somewhere? If so, you could zip them using a compression software program (like WinZip) and send it via e-mail. Or, you can go to the Web sit
... See more
As with any Web site translation, it\'s best if the client (in this case, you ) sends all the files to the translator. It\'s not the translator\'s responsibility to download the files. There\'s too much room for error with this method.

Do you have the individual page files on your computer somewhere? If so, you could zip them using a compression software program (like WinZip) and send it via e-mail. Or, you can go to the Web site, save each page onto your hard drive and then follow the above instructions.

Good luck,

Erika

Collapse

Albert Golub
Albert Golub  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:13
English英语译成French法语
he can use frontpage Dec 18, 2002

using frontpage

click on create

then import

from the web

all files will be downloaded on his hard disk

good luck

María del Carmen Cerda
María del Carmen Cerda
Local time: 14:13
English英语译成Spanish西班牙语
主题发起人
THANK YOU PROS Dec 19, 2002

The information posted is most useful and I am most grateful!

Anthony Indra
Anthony Indra  Identity Verified
美国
Local time: 13:13
正式会员 (自2002)
English英语译成Indonesian印度尼西亚语
+ ...
NO Frontpage PLEASE! Dec 19, 2002

[quote]

On 2002-12-18 18:38, golub wrote:

using frontpage

Please don\'t use Frontpage to edit an HTML website. Don\'t even OPEN with it!

Frontpage will alter your original formatting so bad, the web programmer wouldn\'t recognised it anymore (it would add a lot of Microsoft\'s formatting).

Please use Dreamweaver, HomeSite, or simply NotePad.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I \'send\' a site to someone else to be translated?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »