Hebat-Allah El Ashmawy
Hebat-Allah El Ashmawy  Identity Verified
Egitto
Local time: 16:44
Da Italiano a Arabo
+ ...
Apr 22, 2007

Hello everybody,
I face a problem in the settings of PROZ.
I can not write in Arabic on Proz.
I choose the UNICODE and I switch to Arabic (Alt+Shift) but I did not get the correct arabic view though I can write arabic easily in other different applications.
Any idea please?
Thank you

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
Regno Unito
Local time: 14:44
Da Inglese a Arabo
+ ...
How about on other sites? Apr 22, 2007

Did you try typing Arabic e.g. in Google or any other site? (I'm assuming you have no problems typing Arabic on Word etc)

Hebat-Allah El Ashmawy
Hebat-Allah El Ashmawy  Identity Verified
Egitto
Da Italiano a Arabo
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
only Proz Apr 22, 2007

No dear.
I can write Arabic anywhere but Proz.
Heba

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
Regno Unito
Local time: 14:44
Da Inglese a Arabo
+ ...
Hmm, mysterious.. Apr 22, 2007

I have no idea what the problem could be! Maybe you can submit a support ticket to the Proz staff, if nobody else can help here. I'm sure they will have come across this before.

Fathy Shehatto
Fathy Shehatto  Identity Verified
Egitto
Da Inglese a Arabo
+ ...
same problem Apr 22, 2007

Dear, Heba

I have the same problem. Only I can type Arabic in ms-office applications. I can't type Arabic in forums or browsers. But I think this problem is related to my windows crystal version. So, I have to write in Ms-word first then I paste to proz or any other forum. I hope we can meet any technical support

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Arabic encoding on Proz site

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »