https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_training/205214-getting_started_in_translation.html

For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
Getting started in translation

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "Getting started in translation".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

Bàrbara Sanchez Solanilla
Bàrbara Sanchez Solanilla  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:50
English to Catalan
+ ...
If you're starting, don't miss this course! Aug 11, 2011

Although I've been in this business for a long while now and I am not actually geting started in translation, I was curious about the approach a ProZ trainer would give at such a tricky subject. I think it's easy to confuse the people starting but, as many other users state here below, I too found the trainer's explanations very clear and helpful. Moreover, I find she outlined a truly winning strategy.
I'd recommend this to anyone on ProZ.

[Edited at 2011-08-11 06:43 GMT]

P.B:
P.B:
Italy
Local time: 00:50
English to Italian
+ ...
mainly dealing with Proz.com features Aug 11, 2011

It was good to have the moderator to answer all our questions but I wouldn't have personally called the course getting started in translation as there was no actual profession-related information but how to use the website at our best to increase our visibility and position.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Getting started in translation

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »