Complex Conform and Origination meaning?
Thread poster: Okal
Okal
Okal
Estonia
Sep 29, 2017

Hello to all,

I have experinece translating subtitles, I am working for local companines and are not familiar with the English terminology. Today I got a job offer that contains a few terms I could not find a meaning to when Googling.

They are decribing tasks as:
1. Complex Conform
2. Origination

What could be meant by these? What I usually do and am qualified to do is having a timed template, which I translate to Estonian with the help of the v
... See more
Hello to all,

I have experinece translating subtitles, I am working for local companines and are not familiar with the English terminology. Today I got a job offer that contains a few terms I could not find a meaning to when Googling.

They are decribing tasks as:
1. Complex Conform
2. Origination

What could be meant by these? What I usually do and am qualified to do is having a timed template, which I translate to Estonian with the help of the video file. I don't do time cueing.
Collapse

Amira Abdullah

Nadja Wolf
Nadja Wolf
English to German
+ ...
Complex Conform Nov 8, 2017

Hey Okal!

It's been a while since you posted your question but maybe you still need an answer.

Complex Conform is a rather complicated way of saying: We have an existing subtitle file and need to conform it to the video provided by our client.

As for subtitle origination, I'm not 100 % sure but I guess what is meant by that is the actual process of generarting subtitles as in timing, spotting
... See more
Hey Okal!

It's been a while since you posted your question but maybe you still need an answer.

Complex Conform is a rather complicated way of saying: We have an existing subtitle file and need to conform it to the video provided by our client.

As for subtitle origination, I'm not 100 % sure but I guess what is meant by that is the actual process of generarting subtitles as in timing, spotting, cueing (setting in and out cues). As I understand from your post this is not what you usually do. I'm rather uncertain whether this also includes the translation part.

Hope that helps.
Best,
n*
Collapse

Amira Abdullah
Sylvia Hanna

tekstiabiline
tekstiabiline  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 21:26
Estonian to English
+ ...
Thanks Nov 9, 2017

Thank you!

Amira Abdullah
Amira Abdullah  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 21:26
English to Arabic
+ ...
Complex conform Aug 16, 2019

Nadja Wolf wrote:

Hey Okal!

As for subtitle origination, I'm not 100 % sure but I guess what is meant by that is the actual process of generarting subtitles as in timing, spotting, cueing (setting in and out cues). As I understand from your post this is not what you usually do. I'm rather uncertain whether this also includes the translation part.

Hope that helps.
Best,
n*

Thank you so much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Complex Conform and Origination meaning?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »